Thursday, November 30, 2017

Lions Club - why?









This is my explanation on why I have started writing on my club matters after promising to stop writing.

On Deepavali Day 18.10.2017, I went to Sri Pasupathinath Alayam Kota kinabalu on the invitation of the Deputy Chairman of the Temple.

There I met one of the ladies, belonging to another Lions Club, whom I have great respect for. She appealed to me to stop posting about Lions Club. I informed her that I had stopped writing and have no intention to continue with the Lions Club’s matters. Then we exchanged a few niceties before being seated at different tables.

My two villains, Jim Rajaratnam and Muthusamy Palanisamy were nearby and were fully aware of my discussion with the lady.

On 8.11.2017 I received a Whatsapp message from a friend in a group saying that Arabi Wazani and Julia Thien have rejoined the club.

I was annoyed with Arabi Wazani rejoining the club as he had categorically stated in a long letter to the Lions Club as to why he wanted to resign including the fact that he was embarrassed to sit in the police station and Registry of Societies to be questioned by the authorities. He had requested the directors not to cajole him to rejoin.

Obviously I thought that he had now realized his folly and had repented of his misdoings including being a party to the opening of the mystery bank accounts.

Despite the above I ignored the message telling myself that birds of a feather will flock together. This guy has no principle. He wrote on Ethics for the Lions magazine but he himself has no integrity and no morals and I decided to just let it be.

Then on 13.11.2017 I received another message which welcomed Carol Lo Phit Hah to the club. This of course riled me as she was the main reason for the whole problem in the club.

My request via Whatsapp, to a group where we both belong, for an explanation as to why she had rejoined the club was not responded. All I know is the fact that she was not the one who paid the subscription fee. I have been informed that she had no intention to rejoin the Lions movement let alone the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host.

I tried to figure it out logically and the only thing that came to mind was the fact that the 2 villains above could have found out that I had promised to stop my blogging on the club and thus informed the members who had left to rejoin the club.

On 14.11.2014 I decided to write an email to the lady I met at the temple. It was a one page email and the following is the last paragraph.

“As such, I regret that I have no choice but to continue with my blog.
I have earned a name that I keep my promise but in this instance I should
not allow any misunderstanding as it was from Carol Lo's request to me
to find out about the 100% attendance pin that my problem in the club
began.”


I did not get a response and I took it to mean that she had no objection for me to carry on with my blogging.

With no action being taken on the club by the authorities and with those who left now returning could the old proverb of ‘the chicken have come back to roost’ be applicable? Have my words and action come rebounding back to me?

On the other hand I am reminded by a Tamil proverb:

Arasan andru kolvaan, Deivan Nindru Kollum.

It means that no matter how long it takes, he who needs to be punished will be punished. God watches all, and the day of reckoning will come. If you are spared then your children will have to pay for your follies is what the Hindus believe. Muthusamy Palanisamy will be able to explain better.

1 comment:

Luqman Michel said...

Dong Jia bu da da xi jia.

It appears that my complaints locally have fallen on deaf ears. As such it is time for me to get Lions Club International to look into this matter.

We cannot solve the problems with the same thinking we used when we created them; in the same way we can't get a problem resolved by the club that created them.

If the District Governor does not act then LCI should look into the problem and cannot leave it to the Local Club or District to resolve the issue.