Saturday, December 2, 2017

Religious Hypocrites








I have said that I had written all that I wanted to write about my Lion’s Club and want to move on. It is time consuming, to say the least, to write posts in my blog and on Facebook. But….

Recently a Christian friend again posted in a whatsapp message in a group I belong to and said, “Think John Ho’s influence is mightier than Luqman’s tsunami.” (He is of course quoting what our John Ho had once said)

Why would he repeat this as many times as he had when I had clearly said that I am done writing about my club matters?

Why would Arabi Wazani and Carol Lo Phit Hah rejoin a club that had misappropriated funds meant for the needy? Has the club replaced the money it had siphoned out?

Why would they rejoin a club that had manipulated minutes? What could impel Arabi to rejoin a club that is a disgrace to the Lions movement?

Now let us look at some of the hypocrisy of some Christian guys from my club.
i.                     Past President Joseph Chai, a Christian who is apparently a pillar of his church, had said at a meeting that to him the Club is bigger than God. This was repeated at a BOD’s meeting by PDG John Ho, himself a Christian. Our editor of a newspaper, CCPung had said that that was just a figure of speech. Is this not blasphemy?

Blasphemy is generally defined as the exhibition of irreverent behaviour or language towards God, religion or anything held sacred.

If I say these guys are wolves in sheep’s clothing would that mean it is a figure of speech?

 Why did the rest of the Christians as well as Hindus and Muslims in the club say nothing on this matter which was brought up by John Ho at a BOD meeting? Did anyone dare say that the rules of Lions Clubs say we are not to talk about religion in our meetings?

Are there no Christians of strong faith in Lions clubs in District 308A2? 

Are there no Christians in Lions Clubs throughout the world?

ii.                   Why didn’t any of these guys ask for the three bank accounts that had not been disclosed to the club members for so many years? It was confirmed at a subsequent BOD meeting that the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host does indeed have more than 2 bank accounts. Joseph Chai who is responsible for opening at least one of the additional 3 secret bank accounts had confessed to the members at a subsequent BOD cum Regular meeting that there are indeed 5 bank accounts and one Fixed Deposit account.

Is it not logical for these guys to ask for the accounts of the remaining 3 bank accounts that had never been audited? 

Don't these guys know that I was dismissed because they did not want me to probe into the 3 bank accounts?If I had remained a member I would have demanded the bank accounts for checking which a member has a right to.

If I call these guys idiots or morons for not demanding to audit the bank accounts they will get upset and as such I refrain from calling them such.


iii.                  Can anyone in the Lions Clubs in the world tell me what I did wrong to be dismissed from my club?

What do these Christians who are lay preachers in their own churches understand by the verse?


'When did we see You sick or in prison and visit You?


Then He will say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.…


They repeat these verses when they are in church and once out of church their conduct is no different from that of a pagan.

I can go on and on but the above is enough for Lions all around the world to think as to what they stand for.

One of the objectives of the Lions Club is: Being responsive to the needs of the community.

How were the Lions of my club as well as the rest of the world responsive to the needs of a Lion who was dismissed wrongly?

Our Hindu brothers

We have two pillars of the Hindu temple, Sri Pasupathinath Alayam, Dr. Muthusamy Palanisamy and Jim Rajaratnam as Past Presidents in Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Club. What did they say about Joseph Chai’s utterance?

Why did these two guys vote at the EGM? This is especially the case with our friend Jim Rajaratnam who had never attended a single BOD cum regular meeting ever since I joined in October 2014. What happened to the promise by Muthusamy to me that he will stand neutral?What happened to their religious convictions?

In addition to being a member of the Bukit Padang Temple Jim also is the founder of the Sai Baba centre in Kota Kinabalu. Shame on him!

Our Muslim brothers

What did Dr. Arabi Wazani say when the matter of the club being bigger than God was brought up? Nothing!He sat at the meeting like a piece of wood.

He was one of the 4 members to open the bank account that was not presented to the club members.

When he resigned I told myself that this man has finally realized his folly. But why did he join back the flock of birds of a feather?

Can anyone please tell me as to what had changed from the time Arabi Wazani resigned to the time he returned?

What has lured Arabi Wazani back to a club that is a disgrace to The Lion Movement and to the society?

Is there a remote possibility that he has now realized his folly and come back to question the BOD as to why I was dismissed?

Note: The latest to rejoin the club is Past President Dr. Jamal Dargham, a lecturer in UMS. He asked to be included as a director in 2015/2016 but did not attend the directors meeting during the year. I would think that he wanted to be one so that he could add it to his credentials.

2 comments:

Luqman Michel said...

Character may determine our fate, but it is not determined by fate, it's determined by CHOICES. We must never forget how powerful character is in shaping our destiny, but we must also remember how powerful we are in shaping our character. In the end, we are only as good and strong as we make ourselves. - - Michael Josephson

Luqman Michel said...

If there was any man of character in my former club then this matter would never have come to this stage.
When John Ho wrote that first email demanding why I wrote to my friend in US to find out about 100% perfect attendance pin any man with a little brain would have stopped John by telling him that this was requested by the BOD and specifically by the president of the club.

Why did not a single member do this?