Saturday, December 9, 2017

Emails to Lions Club International -4.4.2017

Th following is the whole of my email to 5 recipients named below on 4.4.2017 (My 65th Birthday). I shall post one email at a time and those interested may come back to this blog on a regular basis to view the rest. 
From: luqman michel [mailto:luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 4:09 AM
To: Legal; Finance; District Administration; Kingsbury, David; Eve Wong
Subject: Lions Constitution

Dear Friends,
I have decided to posts articles on Facebook and hope my friends
on FB can do something to get you guys at LCI to act.


This is getting ridiculous where my emails are not even acknowledged receipt by you.



I will post the following on FB tomorrow,with your consent, if I don't hear anything from you.


I will subsequently post my emails to you from as far back as December 2016 which were not responded to either.


My post on FB tomorrow:


Below are some salient points I copied from the Lions Constitution for us to study together.
Under article ii it states:
(e) To provide a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest; provided, however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members
My comment: I believe FB is another forum for open discussion and this matter is of public interest.
(f) To encourage civic- minded people to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry, professions, public works and private endeavours.
Article X is on Club Dispute Resolution Procedure
All disputes arising between any member or members, or a former member or members, and the club, or any officer of the board of the club, relative to membership, or the interpretation, breach of or application of the club’s constitution and by-laws, or the expulsion of any member from the club, or any other internal Lions club matter whatsoever which cannot be satisfactorily resolved through other means shall be settled by dispute resolution. …………………………
……………….. A complaint filed under this procedure must be accompanied by a US$50.00 filing fee or equivalent in the respective national currency, payable by each complainant to the district which shall be submitted to the District Governor at the time the complaint is filed…………..
………..Within 15 days of receipt of the complaint, the District Governor shall appoint a neutral conciliator to hear the dispute……………
…………………… Upon being appointed, the conciliator shall arrange a meeting of the parties for the purpose of conciliating the dispute. ………………..
Failure to comply with the final and binding decision of the conciliator constitutes conduct unbecoming a Lion and is subject to loss of membership privileges and/or charter cancellation.
My comment: I had given the DG  a letter requesting for CDRP together with RM320 being Malaysian Ringgit equivalent. She had said that she will take the money later and I have a witness to that event.*
I have kept LCI informed of all these happening and LCI is also playing this ‘I will not respond’ game. I will mail this post as well as all subsequent posts to LCI as well and see if they have anything to say.


For all things difficult to acquire, the intelligent man works with perseverance. ~ Lao Tzu


Regards,
Luqman Michel


* Note : Added on 10th December 2017 - The witness is a current president of another club in Kota Kinabalu who drove the DG, Eve Wong from the airport to City Mall. The meeting in City Mall was in the presence of this president.

1 comment:

Luqman Michel said...

LCI gives award for membership growth but why the inaction when it comes to members being dismissed with trumped up charges?
The inaction of LCI resulted in 14 members leaving the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host.
Should LCI not also consider retaining members who have been in the club for so many years?