Monday, December 25, 2017

Lions Club - Fun with Chinese Sayings



The following is what Marcia Hong, common law wife of John S F Ho, had commented in my post ‘Lions Club – Kai Tian Pi Di’ on 20.12.2017.

“Luqman now admits KK Host is NOT suspended. He only hallucinates and conjures KK Host suspension, like he does with everything else.
He now says "Actual suspension will occur after reviewing answers submitted" Answers were already submitted within 24 hours and still no suspension. It will not happen as the 2 questions raised are purely administrative and so insignificant that they DO NOT warrant any suspension/deregistration.”


I did not respond and she keeps posting in my FB posts despite me saying that I want to stop this club matters until February or until this matter is settled by ROS.

So I’ll combine the Club matters together with Chinese proverbs I have learned. I know that only one proverb should be posted in any articles but if I do not use it here and Blow my trumpet I may not be able to show off later as the appropriate post may not come.

I had completely stopped writing about my club even though it is said:

qíhǔnánxià


But I managed to dismount the tiger. Yes, yes, yes I did it. I dismounted the tiger.

 My friends had also stopped writing on FB but Marcia keeps writing and I believe the best fitting proverb will be:

shù jìng ér fēng zhǐ

lit. the trees long for peace but the wind will never cease (idiom)
For the last one year I have been following the words:

jiǎo n
One step at a time AND waiting for the water to fill up and

I believe the water is already overflowing.
Shuǐ mǎn zé yì

Or we could say:

yǔguòtiānqíng


OR even:

kǔjìngānlái


There are a few more suitable quotes for this post but …………..
I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
I will continue on my Pin Yin Posts for fun after the New Year. I want to stop all postings for a while as promised to my friends.

No comments: