Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Lions Club - Seeking justice




 - In a nut shell –
This is for new comers who are new to my blog on my club experiences. Please read my blog posts earlier to this date to really understand what this blog is all about. It is about my former club, Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host, Sabah, Malaysia from which club I was wrongly expelled. I have been seeking justice from Lions Clubs International to no avail.


Briefly:

Only 2 bank accounts were presented to the BOD and other members as well as to Registry of Societies (ROS).

I was suspicious that there were more than two bank accounts in my club. I therefore wrote emails to all members asking them if there were other bank accounts not disclosed to members. I did not receive any response.

Instead they decided to hold an EGM to get me out of the club. I wrote an email to all members and stated that unless I receive answers to questions I had asked I will not attend the EGM. I did not receive any response.

No show cause letter was presented to me.

I approached Dr. Muthusamy Palanisamy, after making an appointment, to discuss this matter as he knows me very well and has known me for more than 35 years. He did not want to hear whatever I had in mind and just said that I, as well as the others in the club, am his friend and therefore he will stand neutral.

Unfortunately when the EGM was held Muthusamy voted when he should not have. Many members who were not eligible for voting were also allowed to vote. Jim Rajaratnam and Ho Kin Wong who had never even attended one meeting since I joined voted when they should not have. What do they know about what the issue is all about? Both these two guys too have known me for more than 30 years.

I then wrote to the District Governor at that time and to the current district governor and other Past District Governors and no one responded.

Meanwhile, I started posting on Face Book as this issue is of public interest and all matters of public interest should be discussed openly.

I also wrote to Lions Clubs International who asked it to be settled locally as this is a local issue. I replied that this issue is about Lions Movement and not one of local club issue.

LCI then wrote to me and copied to DG asking her to appoint a conciliator to amicably resolve this matter.

The DG said that she would meet me in Kota Kinabalu when she next comes to KK. She came over and I presented all the documents needed together with a covering letter as well as the requisite money to start a CDRP. Dispute Resolution Guidelines - Lions Clubs International

The DG had a meeting with Thomas Ho Thau Phin, the club President, and John SF Ho. The DG received an email from John SF Ho that demeaned her and this email was copied to LCI and me.

It was after this email from John SF Ho that LCI and DG did not respond any further.

I have yet to post this email in my blog as I had said enough and thought it best to stop publishing my posts. 

I stopped posting in my blog until recently when I was informed that our Past President Carol Lo (one of 14 members who resigned after my expulsion) had rejoined the club.

I will post that demeaning email from John SF Ho and my response to that email next month.

No comments: