Thursday, December 31, 2020

Lions Club's - background information for new readers.

 


Background information of my upcoming email to Registrar of Societies (ROS)

Over the last 3 years I have written to the Lions Clubs of District 308A2 to expel Francis Liew and John Ho who had expelled me from the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host with a fabricated letter purported to have been received from a parliamentarian from the US. The members however have closed an eye on this matter.

 

I believe it is now time to take action against the club which may lead into a court case if not settled by ROS.

Here is a little background information for those new to this episode.

On 17.4.2017, following my complaint to ROS, the Daily express published a report on the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host.

Among other things the report said:

A renowned social service organisation known for its charity work across Sabah is being investigated allegedly over secret bank accounts used to siphon out donations meant for its charitable projects.

My comment now: We now know that the renowned club is Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host. The secret bank account known only to a few members then is now known to all members thanks to me.

State Commercial Crime chief Md. Razif Alang Mat Jaya had then confirmed that the case was under investigation.

The investigations relate to a number of inaccuracies and discrepancies in its records kept at the Registry of Societies (ROS) – including nonexistent posts of Assistant secretary and Assistant Treasurer whilst names of some directors were not listed.

My comment now: The above discrepancies have yet to be dealt with by ROS. I confirm that my name and that of a few directors were not registered.

The office lot, which was purchased many years ago, and the furniture and fixtures have also not been included as assets in the ROS records.

My comment now: I confirm that none of the assets were ever recorded in the ROS at the time of my complaint. I will deal with this in my next post.

A committee member revealed that the NGO has another 3 bank accounts and a fixed deposit account other than the 2 bank accounts submitted to the board members during each monthly board meeting.

My comment now: Now, I have concrete evidence of the secret bank accounts. As a director between July 2015 and June 2016 I confirm that at all BOD's meeting we were only given 2 bank accounts.

Some important matters discussed at BOD meetings were also reportedly not recorded in the minutes. Hence members who don’t attend the BOD meetings are kept in the dark.

The name of the elected secretary of the NGO was also not lodged with the ROS. Somebody else’s name appears in the ROS register as secretary of the club by virtue of the fact that the latter works in an office near to ROS.

As advised by me several time over the years, be wary of donating to these Charitable Organisations.

Why did none of the District Governors and past District Governors investigate this matter despite my several emails to them?

Why has no independent investigation been carried out by the District Governor even as of now?

Keep tuned for more information and my intended open letter to ROS.

No comments: