Friday, August 14, 2020

Look but do not see, hear but do not listen




This post is from 2 years ago.
This morning I saw a post by a friend which says: “Many look but do not see. Many hear but do not listen”.

Many people look at what I write about the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host, but they do not see the meaning behind what is being written. They simply can’t comprehend what is written. They do not make an effort to understand the background of the story. They do not bother to think as to why I spend so much time writing about the crime committed by educated fools.

People in general, do not apply what they have learned in school and in life to discern the lies written by John SF Ho and his cronies.

Yes, many look but do not see.

Google defines hear as "perceive with the ear the sound made by (someone or something)" and listen as "give one's attention to a sound". If someone is not paying attention in class, then they can still hear the teacher (and will probably be aware if they stop talking), but they are not listening to the teacher.

"Listening" applies critical thinking to what you hear to identify meaning.

I have a few friends who have heard me many times explaining the exact situation in detail about my club affairs. Yet, after meeting others who talk about what I am writing they act as if they have listened to hardly anything I have said over the many months I have spoken to them.

Many are actually present in person while one is speaking but their mind is elsewhere. They hear but do not listen.

There are also guys who are looking at their handphones when you are talking. How can they be listening to what you have to say?

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: