Sunday, October 1, 2023

Truth is a bitter pill to swallow

 


On 28.9.23 I attended the funeral of Datuk Gopalan Murugasu who was the man who placed me in my first job as accountant of Gaya Timber Group of Companies. When I first met him in his office, he told me that the Indians in Sabah are respected by the locals and that I should help maintain that status.

On 30.9.2023 I attended the grand dinner function on the occasion of the marriage of Datuk Kadir’s son.

On both occasions, I realised that many Indians that I know shunned me.

At the dinner, I met one of my childhood friends who told me that he was pleasantly surprised when he read some comments on a Sabah Indian chat group about my name being known internationally. (See note below.)

It then got me thinking and I believe that if something good has been mentioned, my recent Facebook post on the Indians in Kota Kinabalu would also have been mentioned and this may be the cause of the shunning.

 

I have not been to any function for several years and therefore seldom meet old friends.

 

Anyway, for those who are not aware of my expulsion from the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host let me explain a little. 

 

I was expelled from the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host on 18.1.2017 for questioning the club members about the accounts.

To cut the story short, the Board members were presented with 2 Treasury Reports (bank accounts) during each Board Meeting which I never missed. It was obvious to me that something was amiss because what was reflected in the two bank accounts did not reflect the correct position of the expenses.

When I was given the notice of expulsion the first person I went to see was Dr. Muthusamy Palanisamy as I have known him for more than 40 years and have been close friends. Dr. Muthu replied that both John Ho and I are his friends and as such he will not take sides. I thanked him and left his office. I also met a few others to no avail.

                                                    



Anyway, at the meeting that was held to decide on my expulsion, it was Dr. Muthu who raised his hand and asked the members to vote. And during voting, Dr. Muthu was the first to raise his hand in favour of expelling me.

This betrayal is called in Tamil ‘Nambikai Throgam’ (betrayal of trust) which any Indian will tell you is one of the worst sins a human can commit. Not helping me to clear my name is one thing but to vote against me is quite another.

Anyway, as he is also part of the Past Presidents involved in the scheme he was convinced by the others that this problem can be solved by expelling me from the club as I would have no proof of their misappropriation of funds.

They obviously underestimated my capabilities and did not consider my experience in the audit field. They continually asked me to prove if there were additional bank accounts not known to members.

I discovered 3 additional bank accounts known only to some of the Past Presidents including Dr. Muthu. I reported the matter to ROS which then, after investigation, deregistered the club.

Now, my questions to all Indians reading this post are:

i.          where were they when I pleaded for help?

ii.         why has no Indian ever asked Dr. Muthu or Mr.Visvalingam to clarify this matter?

iii.        what has happened to all the teachings about upholding the truth?

I have written a simple narrative detailing the whole matter up to the time of my expulsion. You are welcome to get a copy of my book at LINK or get a copy from me at only RM20.

The person who should be shunned is the one who is involved in the scheme and not the whistleblower.

Is telling the truth that no Indian came forth to help me, wrong?

The only thing that is for sure is that sooner or later we will all die. Let us live a life that will be remembered by the future generation.

Note: 1. My name is in 3 research article you may Google. LINK 

          2. My name is on the Tennessee Foundational Skills Curriculum Supplement. 

              Refer to page 109 of the supplement. LINK 

          3. My name is on the acknowledgment pages of both the books written by 

              Dr.David Killpatrick.

          4. My book Shut Down Kids is well accepted. You may read the book reviews on

              Amazon. LINK

           5. My book to reduce illiteracy is now read by many around the world. LINK

No comments: