Sunday, February 19, 2017

Strange but true


I have been reprimanded by a few members, since my first email to members of my club, who kept saying that the proper way to bring up matters is to discuss it in the BOD meeting and not via emails.

That made no sense to me and I kept writing emails as well as bringing up matters at the BOD meetings. By writing emails all members, a majority of whom do not attend BOD meetings, will be informed.


It did not occur to me, of the possibility, that many of the BOD members were discouraging me from writing emails because they want the rest of the members to stay in the dark.

The 10 page report presented to the BOD on 7.2.2017 Refer to my previous post here) is a good example of members not being informed.

I understand from a member that the 10 page report was recorded in the minutes as:
       A 10 page report was received from PP Norman questioning the expulsion of Luqman Michel.

How would members who did not attend the meeting ever know what was written in the 10page report?

How would they know about the inaccurate recordings in ROS which I had been harping about?

This is what I have been against ever since the Pre Board meeting held in June 2016.

1 comment:

Luqman Michel said...

Please don't forget that I was expelled from my club within a few months of being awarded the 'Outstanding Services Award'.

Don't forget that the meeting was continued despite one of the members mentioning that 'No Show cause Letter ' has been served on me.

How could this happen in a club which boasts of conducting meetings according to Robert's Rules of Order.