Sunday, March 12, 2017

My responses to comments on FB - Part 1

This post is for Lions all over the world
My response to previous comments on FB

I went through all FB postings on 'my club experiences' and found these posts that I had not responded to as I was busy. Now, that I have all the time in the world I thought I should respond to some of the questions posed by PDG George Anson Kunjan. This is the first of such posts.


George Anson Kunjan: Are we not washing dirty linen in public?
Like • Reply • December 7, 2016 at 9:31am
Response: Are we? And what have you or your club members done about it? I would have thought that dirty linen should be washed and not swept under the carpet together with all the dirt.
What have your DG, VDG and PDG’s done about it?
George Anson Kunjan: Luqman Michel, I noticed you have asked to answer direct questions. What are the questions? I am not for worthless arguments which are of no consequence to the club.
Like • Reply • December 8, 2016 at 7:56am
Response: George, What have you and your fellow members done about the questions asked by me in all my emails to all members and to questions in my Face Book account? Where are the answers to Norman Lie’s 10 page presentation to the Board of Directors at the 8th BOD meeting?
I will list a few of the questions here and hope you and your friends at Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host are willing to enlighten us here on FB.
1. Were you aware of the 3rd bank account opened in Alliance Bank?
2. Did you approve the opening of the account?
3. Did you approve of the monies being used for administrative purposes?
4. Why did you not check with ROS on all the falsified recordings when I brought it up in my emails to all members?
5. Do you honestly believe these questions are of no consequence to you and your club?
Luqman Michel: Sit back, relax and read what I have posted on FB today and what I will post tomorrow. Had you and others read my emails and answered as you should have we won't be having these ‘arguments’.
Like • Reply • December 8, 2016 at 8:06am
Response: I believe the above statement by me answers why I had started writing on FB. Don’t forget that it was your PDG who instructed me to write to my friends to find out if what I am writing is ‘lionistic’. To-date only Deborah Braun had said that we should discuss this matter elsewhere privately. That lady did not know that I had tried all means of communication with all club members including you. Deborah Braun did not know that a group of members were misappropriating monies from funds meant for the needy.
I started writing all these things on FB also because your president said in writing that he is not obliged to answer my questions. He continued by saying that just because he does not answer, it does not mean he does not know the answer.
Is this how Lions serve?

The following is what is in the Lions website:
“Where there’s a need, there’s a Lion. We believe that the world gets better and problems get smaller when people unite to serve their local and global community. Lions help where help is needed – in our own communities and around the world – with unmatched integrity and energy.”
George, you and your members did not say a word when your president said that he may know the answer but does not have to respond and just because he does not respond, it does not mean that he does not know.
That does not seem to reconcile with what is in the LCI website. Your president is arrogant to the hilt and that is just one of the reasons that I wanted him to resign from his post. Your DG, VDG and PDG do not have the decency to respond to emails and you talk about ‘We serve’. You and your members are a disgrace to the Lion movement.

Of course I then turned to my FB friends and write all that I had written and more as I am a thirsty Lion wanting answers to all my questions. I want the public to understand that they should be careful to which Lions club they give their donations to.

George Anson Kunjan: If there is any argument it should be within the members of the club and not in FB. What do we hope to achieve in doing all these worthless arguments but putting the club in negative light. This is totally against Lions Club Code of Ethics.
Like • Reply • 1 • December 8, 2016 at 8:21am
Response: What is totally against the Lions Club Code of Ethics, George? Telling the truth? I checked each and every page of the Lions manual but there was nothing ordering Lions not to tell the truth. However, it said that no project money should be used for administrative purposes. All bank accounts should be audited by the auditor. There should be no talk with regards to religion and many other don't that your club members violated.

“Putting the Club in negative light?” Evil doing is evil doing whether done in the name of Lion or otherwise. Your club should be struck off the list of Lions Club. This would be a lesson to other clubs and to young Lions who have shut up because of being forced to do so by older Lions.
George Anson Kunjan: I am only interested in the questions that I need to answer. I don’t read worthless postings on fb which is of no consequence to LCKKH.
Unlike • Reply • 2 • December 8, 2016 at 8:29am
Response: On the contrary you did read all my posting on FB. What you had failed to do as a PDG is to have brought up matters I had written to all members in my emails to all of you.

George Anson Kunjan: He is trying to live up to what he pride himself 'to make things happen' but in doing so put LCKKH in bad light. How unfortunate to have such a member to have totally not with LCI code of ethics. Imagine asking the elected President and Secretary to resign, I don’t know on what ground. There are procedures to be followed. Not on whims and fancies of an individual member.
Like • Reply • 1 • December 8, 2016 at 2:14pm
Response: Now, do you know why I asked the president to resign? He is not fit to hold that position. He was pulled by a nose ring by your PDG friend. He could not answer questions despite being the president and instead said at a meeting chaired by Norman Lie that he had to refer to your PDG friend first. Refer to this in the Board Papers presented at the 8th BOD meeting.

George Anson Kunjan: I am still waiting for the questions. How to give answers without knowing the questions? I have no interest in these worthless arguments but for the demand of a 2 years old lion for the president and secretary of the club to resign.
Like • Reply • December 8, 2016 at 5:20pm
I had asked the questions in my emails to all members and again on FB. Now you or any of the other members of your club or District 308 A 2 are free to answer my questions or ask me any questions you all may have.

George, you are requested to get as many PDG’s from District 308A 2 or from any other district for that matter and question me as now I am quite free and have all the time in the world to entertain you and all your Lion friends.

1 comment:

Luqman Michel said...

I reread this post today - 13.4.2019 - and find that many things have fallen in place.
The club is de-registered.
The escape artist who had all this while got others involved has now made the mistake of signing the affidavit himself.
Checkmate!
Checkmate!