Saturday, March 18, 2017

Response from LCI to my e-mails



I have written 3 emails to LCI Legal, District Administration and Finance and have received replies from the Legal Division and addressed to Finance and Administration department of LCI.

The last email received from LCI was dated 14.2.2014 and copied to DG Eve Wong and said the following:


1.      Lions Clubs are autonomous and each Lions club is responsible for complying with local laws.
2.      If you believe that the Lions Club is mishandling club accounts, we recommend speaking with district leadership to review this matter.
3.      If you believe your removal was unjustified you may file a complaint under Club Dispute Procedure (CDRP).



I wrote a letter with 30 relevant attachments and handed it over to the DG on 12.2.2017 (2 days before the above email dated 14.2.2017) based on the email I received from LCI on 4.1.2017. I gave 3 sets of the letter and attachments for her to hand over 2 sets to Thomas Ho Thau Phin and John S F Ho. Subsequently on her request I also sent one set by e-mail to Bobby Eng who is District 308 MD Constitution and By Law.  (I had previously already sent 2 emails to him which were not responded to.)

The DG did not want to acknowledge receipt of the letter I handed over in the presence of a president of another club. She did not want to receive the RM 230 equivalent of USD 50 that was needed to be paid for CDRP. The DG said that she will collect the money after she has discussed the matter with John SF Ho and Thomas Ho after she meets them on 17.2.2017.

That was the last time I heard from her – 12.2.2017. I had written several emails to her since then and also forwarded the email from LCI which was already copied to her by LCI.

The DG had told me on 12.2.2017 that John Ho had told her not to involve herself in this matter.

The email from LCI clearly asks her to resolve this matter on mishandling of club accounts. The DG would rather listen to John Ho and Thomas Ho and not interfere with this matter.

Now, I am going to write to District leaders for the last time and will post my email here for all to see. Please understand that I have taken all measures I think I should take to settle this matter.

When this last attempt fails to receive any response like all my previous emails to all the district leaders please do not ask me as to why I have not given them chance to resolve this matter without resorting to Facebook and my blog.

Don’t forget that I have patiently waited for the DG to take action since the email was copied to her by LCI and my subsequent emails to her which is more than a month ago.

My Facebook posts and Blog is for the purposes of transparency. A few members have said that I am washing dirty linen in public but do nothing to settle the matter.

Lions from District 308 A2 or from anywhere around the world may comment on this post or advice me what to do next.

No comments: