Monday, October 22, 2018

Lions Club Revival?


 Wolves Among Lions
After more than one and a half years of being expelled from the Lions club of Kota Kinabalu Host a few more Lion members have accepted the fact that what I did is acceptable. So, I am not sure if this post will be welcome. But then again it would not be Luqman to shut up and do nothing about something that will hurt many members. Do I care what others think? 

For those who are new to this, I was expelled by my club for asking about secret bank accounts operated by a few members of my club. You may read all the details in my book ‘Wolves among Lions’ available at www.luqmanmichel.com

Obviously to some of those who can still think logically the operation of the bank account secretly has to be by a few key members. This is very important and we shall discuss this at a later date.
We all know that the club was deregistered on 28.6.2018. I understand (I have not verified this) that the club has been placed under insolvency.

Anyway, on 15.10.2018 a legal firm has sent a legal notice to ROS saying that if the club is not reinstated legal action will be taken against ROS.


       The letter says that it is acting for members as of 22.7.2018.


I have been hoping against hope that some members will voice their opinion on this turn of events but then as we all know ‘who cares?’

No Lions will say a thing and when I say something they will all boycott me. However, no one in District 308A2 will have the guts to ask me directly.

Fortunately I am not a member, but if I were one would I have been represented by the words “acting for members as of 22.7.2018”? 

Would I agree with this letter to ROS?

Failing reinstatement if legal action is taken against ROS would I also be party to the legal action?

This is a very serious matter and I wonder if all members as of 22.7.2018 are party to this letter.

We will examine more in the next few weeks when I have a little time from my busy schedule.

This reminds me of an Indian saying. 

‘Why take an axe on the ground, drop it on your feet and then shout Aiyoo, Aiyoo, painful, burning, aching, etc’

3 comments:

Luqman Michel said...

Are Jim Rajaratnam, Dr. Muthusamy Palanisamy, Dr. Arabi Wazani, Julia Thien and a few others whom I believe have a little common sense party to this letter to ROS?

Luqman Michel said...

"The letter says that it is acting for members as of 22.7.2018."
On 7.11.2018 originating summons and affidavits were filed in court by John Ho and Francis Liew.
Someone may have read my post and decided to change the 'acting for members' to only two members.
Well, these two are the main actors and have been the main actors in my book 'Wolves among lions'. I am a little surprised the 3rd main actor - the puppet- decided not to lend his name.

Luqman Michel said...

The latest news on the case is that the affidavits by the club and the defense should be filed by March 2019.