Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host - Collateral damage



It appears that members of Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu are adamant and appears they have decided to take their chances in court.

My main concern at this point is the fact there will be collateral damages as I cannot and should not leave anything behind. I have learned from my recent hearing on my complaint to the Disciplinary Board. This will be a no-holds-barred complaint.


In addition, I am now fully involved in conducting talks to schools and clubs and do not look forward to preparing all the legal documents.

I had decided to let matters rest after the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host was de-registered. I even said that I hoped that the club would be reinstated as the members would now have realised their mistakes and would have turned over a new leaf.

Instead of just pleading with the ROS for reinstatement John Ho and Francis Liew decided to sue the ROS.

In the affidavits filed by them, there were many untrue statements made which I believe tantamount to contempt of court.

I decided to complain about the lawyer instead of taking action against John Ho. 

John Ho, as usual, had to poke his nose in where it does not belong and filed in an affidavit in the Disciplinary action I had taken against the lawyer. I believe he has no business in filing the affidavit.

My case filed against the lawyer was for his misconduct in expressing his opinion in his client’s affidavit. It is a known fact that affidavits should not contain opinions of anyone other than the deponent.

The lawyer had also written a letter to the ROS and copied it to the Minister of Home Affairs stating that he is acting for the club members as of 22.7.2018.

The club was deregistered on 28.6.2018 and where did the members appear from, on 22.7.2018?

As a senior lawyer and past president of a Rotary Club he ought to know that once a club is de-registered it cannot have any members. 

Affidavits filed by John Ho and Francis Liew in November 2018 stated that they have been authorised by the members of Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host as of 22.7.2018. 

I believe that lies in an affidavit tantamount to contempt of court. I, however, decided to only act against the lawyer as I thought that John Ho would have learned his lesson by now.

Now, John Ho filed an affidavit, in my case against the lawyer, which is uncalled for. I believe I should sue John Ho for filing untrue statements in his affidavit in my case against the lawyer.

I have made the same offer I was made in January 2017. John Ho and Francis Liew to resign or I take action against them, LCKK Host and the Ministry of Home Affairs for requesting ROS to consider reinstatement. 

I understand any reinstatement of a club based on misleading and incorrect matters filed in court will not be valid. Let us test this theory.

If the resignation does not happen by 15.2.2020 I had promised that I will take legal action against the two deponents and the club together with the Ministry of Home Affairs and ROS.

I shall first write to ROS and the Ministry of Home Affairs next week.  I will be busy for the following 3 weeks and then embark on my court case.

Unfortunately, there may be a few ‘collateral damages.’

We shall examine the collateral damages that may occur in my next post.

No comments: