Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Ultimatum



Fraud, Conspiracy to defraud, False accounting….

For those new to this blog posts - I was expelled from the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host with trumped-up charges. Read my last post. 

I reported to Registry of Societies (ROS) in December 2016. 

The club was deregistered on 28.6.2018.

John Ho and Francis Liew prepared affidavits with many untrue statements and filed them in court.


On 20.6.2019 I complained to the Advocates Disciplinary Board against the lawyer who prepared the affidavits.

The club was reinstated on 2.7.2019.

John Ho then prepared an affidavit, in October 2019, with more lies and filed it with the disciplinary board. I am not happy with this action by John Ho. Just because I let him go does not mean he can continue abusing my leniency. 


NOW: I am busy with my 'shut down kids' work and presentations to schools and clubs and want to move on. 

I give John Ho and Francis Liew the same options given to me when they wanted to expel me with trumped-up charges.

i.                    Give their resignation letter and leave the Lions Movement OR
ii.                  The Club to Expel them for misusing the name of the club members

Otherwise I shall take legal action against the duo and the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host. Some of the charges will be:

i.                    Giving false evidence in the affidavits and conspiracy to defraud.
ii.                  False accounting:
a.     Recording the building at a cost of Rm100 in 2016
b.     Recording the fixed assets at RM1 in 2016.
iii.               Stating in the records in ROS that no money was received from overseas in 2016 when as a matter of fact at least RM600,000 was received from Korea/LCIF.
It was stated in the report with ROS that there is no record of money received from overseas.
 
iv.               Stating in the minutes of the Club the two bank accounts registered under the Club and three other bank accounts and a fixed deposit account registered in the Past Presidents Council that was denied in the Affidavit and to the ROS. 
                 
v.       Stating in the affidavits that John Ho and Francis Liew were authorised by 
          the club members to affirm the affidavit which is a misrepresentation. 
vi.            Many other matters that will fill up two or three pages.

Dr. Arabi Wazani was the treasurer for the year 2014 when there was no building or assets declared in the report to ROS. Did he not know the existence of the building purchased from excess funds from projects?


Pung Chen Choon (JP) and Joseph Chai (JP) were the auditors. Did they not know of the assets of the Club?

Who were the directors? Are directors responsible for the falsification of accounts?

Dr. Arabi Wazani and Joseph Chai may know why the assets were not declared to ROS in that year.

In 2016 the building was included under fixed assets amounting to Rm 100 (one hundred ringgit only).

Fixed assets which included Air Conditioners and Furniture and Fittings were recorded as Rm1. (one ringgit only)

Pung Chen Choon was the internal auditor and ….

How a RM140,000 building reduced to RM100 and recorded in the files in ROS?.

I would really like to take up this court case against these guys and the other senior officers of the club including Dr. Datuk Prof. Muthusamy Palanisamy and the lawyer Frank Leong and Delce Teresita the secretary of PP Council but I want to concentrate on my presentations.

If I do not see the resignation of John Ho and Francis Liew from the club or if they are not expelled like I was then I hope you readers will excuse me for taking action against all the culprits who have misappropriated funds meant for the needy.

For details of this fraud by the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host get a copy of 'Wolves among Lions' available on Amazon.

Those living in Malaysia you may buy the book from Notion Press.

You may get a PDF of the book from me at a very low price by writing to me at luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk.




3 comments:

Luqman Michel said...

I really do not want to go on with this case. Too many will be collateral damage.
Just get John Ho and Francis to resign and let us move on.

Luqman Michel said...

Yes, it was in the year that Betty Epin was President that the minutes showed that three secret bank accounts as BANK ACCOUNTS under the PP Council. Now the cat is out the bag.
The letter to ROS and Ministry of Home Affairs state that there were no bank accounts under the PP Council.
Our JP Joseph Chai was the one receiving all bank statements at his home address.

Luqman Michel said...

I had decided to stop writing about my former club and the misappropriation of funds.
However, I have received information from a Lion Member from France that a donor to LCIF is keen on pursuing this matter.
And now that I cannot go out to talk on shut down kids I have time to work on this again.