Sunday, September 15, 2024

A stitch in time saves nine

 


小洞不堵,大洞吃苦. xiǎo dòng bù dǔ , dà dòng chī kǔ.

I used the above proverb several times in 2017 when I complained about the secret bank accounts operated by the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host.

The first person I then wrote to was PDG Lawrence Ting. He said he was no longer the DG and I should write to DG Eve Wong.

I wrote to several other PDG’s who did not even bother to respond to my emails.

DG Eve Wong promised to meet me after meeting PDG John Ho and the President of the LCKKHOST. Thomas Ho. This promise was not kept.

The club was finally de-registered and today the club is no longer what it used to be.

One would think the Lion members would have learned a lesson from that episode but history repeats itself.

On 3.9.2024 I wrote an email to the current DG, Annie Ho. Instead of replying to my email, she decided to telephone me which she did on 5.9.2024.

After I had told her what I mentioned in my post yesterday she said she would check with the officer of the club concerned.

Later that day Annie Ho telephoned me and said that the officer had told her the matter had been resolved. No explanation was given.

Yesterday, I wrote a comment on Lawrence Ting’s Facebook post.

Should I write to all the PDGs as I did in 2017?

I think it will be a waste of time. I have other things to do.

I shall give this a few days to get some answers from any of the Lion members.

Then I shall do what I have to/ought to do.

The Lion fraternity should learn that being an officer of a club is a responsible matter.

No comments: