Monday, September 16, 2024

Criminal offence

 



In 2018 I hurriedly wrote ‘Wolves among Lions’. No one has disputed what I wrote in that book.

Recently, a Lion Club said it had an election meeting when none was held.

A former officer from the crime division in Kota Kinabalu has confirmed that falsified information registered at ROS is a criminal offense.

I emailed the district Governor, Annie Ho. She brushed this aside, saying it had been resolved by the club.

I asked Annie Ho specifically about the date and venue of the election meeting held by the club in question. There is no response.

Coincidentally I saw a Facebook post by PDG Lawrence Ting this morning. It is about him leading a delegate to Taiwan in 2015 when he was DG. 


 

I commented on Lawrence Ting’s Facebook post a few days ago. Today, I decided to write to him on his Messenger.

There was no reply from him.

Here is my message to him:

My friend. You may ask why I refer to you. It is because you were the DG when I joined the Lions club. I was expelled for exposing fraud.

I think entering details in the ROS register of a meeting that never happened is a criminal offense. I have informed you. I have written and also spoken to Annie Ho. I want to see what action you will take.

No election meeting was held but entries were made in the ROS register. You may check and then take action against Annie Ho for not doing what she has to do.

I am not a member but I don't have to be a member to report a criminal offense.

Coincidentally, a Facebook friend wrote the following in an unrelated post.

The lack of response from the country's leaders and law enforcement raises questions about the extent of involvement and potential political connections. What factors contribute to the silence surrounding this issue?

Yes, what factors contribute to the silence by the Lions around the world surrounding the issues where a Lion Club has said it had an election meeting when it did not?

No comments: