Tuesday, March 6, 2018

The onus of proof of 3rd Bank Account is on the accuser - Luqman Michel



Here is a post on FB  on 22.12.2016 which I read to get some information to write to MICPA. 

On 12.12.2016 John SF Ho sent a Whatsapp message to the members of Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host as follows:


J Ho: “The onus of proof of any wrong doing is on the accuser. Let Luqman prove KK Host has 3 bank accounts at Alliance Bank. Any legal organization can have as many bank accounts they want.”
J Ho: “The 2 accounts disclosed to ROS are project account and administrative account. These must not be confused with bank accounts. Under project account we can have as many bank accounts as we want. There is nothing mysterious about it.”



My comment: That is what a former partner of an audit firm says? AND all the members can’t read between the lines. No one said anything about not being allowed to have more than 2 bank accounts. However, only two bank accounts have been given for audit to all auditors of my club for the past many years. My question is, if John Ho or his go-between Marcia Hong cares to answer, shouldn’t all bank accounts be given to the auditors for audit?
Any Lion and especially Horace Ho should now find out from John Ho or Thomas Ho or better yet our Joseph Chai if there are other bank accounts that should have been audited.

My comment as of 7.3.2018:I simply can't fathom how no one was willing to question the club on the extra bank accounts. John Ho placed the onus of proof on me and I proved it with account numbers of the bank account and yet the matter has been dragged for more than a year. How is John Ho able to deceive so many educated members who are not in the inner circle not to ask any question about the secret bank accounts.

How is John Ho able to deceive the police into believing that any excess of grants from LCI/LCIF is for club use when it specifically says otherwise in the LCI constitution.

Were the bank balances in the 3 secret bank accounts ever submitted to members or ROS? Most of the members I know are not aware of the 3 bank accounts let alone their balances not been disclosed to ROS.


Here are some comments on that topic in FB:


Luqman Michel Mr. Pung Chen Choon, I have just sent you an official Email requesting you to inform me and the rest of the members as to how many bank accounts were you given for audit last year. I have just come to find out that you were the auditor of the accounts for year 2015/2016. Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Pung Chen Choon Does 'official email' connotes something i should know? Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible if appropriate. I don't think i should rely on my memory. I report to the Board whether i like it or not. It may be more expedient to ask for the info from the Board.

My comment at 7.3.2018: My request was never dealt with. I wrote to all members including BOD members and no one responded to my email.

Within a matter of a few months CCPung could not rely on his memory to say if he had audited more than 2 bank accounts - spellbinding! 
Luqman Michel What did George Anson Kunjan say above: "It is the prerogitive of the chairman to answer or not to answer questions." This is the mantra of Lions Club of Kota kinabalu club.'I know the answer but do not have to answer you. If I don't answer you it does not mean I don't know the answer'. What kind of environment is this for young lions to learn to serve? A member had once said that some of the members in my club must have gone senile. He was chastised for saying that and he apologised. Now members may have to rethink.

Nai Seng Tan The timing and objective in releasing the book is important to have the desired impact. I have dealt with WWF, GREENPEACE, THE FOREST TRUST, SMARTWOOD, just to name a few and never have I seen or heard their leaders respond with quote, "I know the answer but do not have to answer you." unquote. Utterly immature and childish in handling issues. Michel, no need to share what you have. You have exhausted all venues to handle the matter transparently. If there are collateral damages along the way, your friend and the fair minded will know your intention is to raise the bar of transparency and accountability to uphold the international reputation of "LION".
My comment now:  Diane Carmelia (I owe that lady a great deal for her assistance in this matter) told me to write to MICPA in 2016. I waited for this matter to be resolved amicably until now when I decided to write to MICPA. This is bringing it back to square one - personal matter. Personal to club to District to International and back to Personal.
Luqman Michel Let us see some of the questions and see if we have answers now:

1. Let Luqman prove KK Host has 3 bank accounts at Alliance Bank.

Response: It has now been proven that LCKKHost had 3 Bank accounts in Alliance Bank. They also had 2 bank accounts in Hong Leong Bank together with a Fixed Bank account in HL bank.

Luqman Michel John Ho had said: "The 2 accounts disclosed to ROS are project account and administrative account." What about the remaining 3 bank accounts? Let us see how out former partner of PMM will respond to this if ROS asks him............... What about the question:

"My question is, if John Ho or his go-between Marcia Hong care to answer, shouldn’t all bank accounts be given to the auditors for audit?" Why did no members request for the other bank accounts to be audited?

Luqman Michel Reading through all the points in my post I wonder if there is anyone who can think at all. If someone had only sat down to solve this we will still remain the largest and oldest club in Sabah.

1 comment:

Luqman Michel said...

I wrote to Past President CCPung who had done the audit for the financial year 2015/2016 just a few months after he had completed his audit. What did I ask for? I just asked him if there were more than 2 bank accounts that were given to him for audit.

AND he answered: "Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible if appropriate. I don't think i should rely on my memory."

What is inappropriate about my question?
Why did he not answer the question when I asked that question as a member?
Just this alone is enough to show that something is a miss.