Monday, June 4, 2018

Barry Palmer - Past International President of LCI







I have been a Facebook friend of Past International President (IP) Barry Palmer for quite a while now. He is the first and only IP of Lions Club International from Down Under.

The above photo was shared by Barry on his Facebook and the following are comments on his Facebook.

I hope to continue this discussion with him to see how this problem I had with LCI should have been handled.


Here are the comments until now - 5am, 5th June 2018.



Luqman Michel Barry, you got to be kidding. No Bullying? No Cruelty? How in the world do I get along when I have been expelled from a Lions club where I enjoyed working with kids (LEOS) because of asking about secret bank accounts? Barry, if that is not bullying then what is? If that is not cruelty then what is? What have you done despite me writing to you in your messenger?



Nai Seng Tan Barry, you left out cheating and stealing.




Barry Palmer - Lions Clubs International What do you expect me to do

I hope that Barry is serious with his above question. Now, it appears that someone in Lions Movement is keen in finding out how to ensure problems, as encountered by me, will not recur in the Lions Movement.

I have been expelled by the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host for questioning about secret bank accounts to siphon off funds meant for the needy and manipulation of minutes of meetings.

This then led to discovery of falsification of recordings in the Registry of Societies. 

To expel me from the club Lion John SF Ho also falsified evidence submitted to members to hold the EGM to expel me.
 

Luqman Michel Barry Palmer - Lions Clubs International find out by discussing with your members how this sort of problem can be resolved in the future. Get a copy of my book and see for yourself how many times I tried to resolve this problem amicably.



Nai Seng Tan If LCI is at the center of the Global Lion movement and cannot impose discipline, integrity and ethical practices as the core principle for anyone wanting to hide their shortcoming behind a Lion Badge then LCI is nothing more than a setup to peddle false status for a fee. Don't LCI has a reputation to uphold and protect. Go read the book Wolves among Lions by ex-Lion Luqman Michel the call on your board of directors and decide what route LCI intend to handle recalcitrant clubs going forward. This is what a setup subscribing to principle and dignity would do. Michel has made your job easy by putting the facts before your eyes.



Luqman Michel Barry Palmer - Lions Clubs International, for a start let us see what should have been done from the time I had written to District leaders. I wrote to district leaders whilst I was still a member. I wrote to LCI while I was still a member. LCI asked the DG to appoint a conciliator. Why did LCI not follow up? The way this misappropriation of funds has been swept under the carpet is not the way to solve problems. We cannot say 'We serve' and then let a member in good standing be expelled from a club by a group of people who are hand in glove in siphoning funds out of the club - money that is meant for the needy. We cannot say we are a family and yet not help a Lion who has asked for help. Stealing funds from a club is not a club affair but a problem that affects the Lions Movement. This discussion is good. Let us discuss this so that other members can contribute their ideas. Thank you, my friend.

I will publish emails sent to LCI, Bob Corlew (International President in 2016/2017) and Naresh Aggarval  (International President for year 2017/2018) in the next few posts.

Note: There is more than what has so far been written in my blog and in my book.



No comments: