Saturday, August 4, 2018

Lions Club International - My emails and responses



I am baffled by the recent response from Lions Club International to my emails.
 
Here is my 3rd email to LCI since the de-registration of Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu host.

From: luqman michel [mailto:luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 6:37 AM
To: Kingsbury, David <David.Kingsbury@lionsclubs.org>; President <president@lionsclubs.org>; District Administration <districtadministration@lionsclubs.org>; Legal <legal@lionsclubs.org>; Finance <Finance@lionsclubs.org>; Lion Magazine <magazine@lionsclubs.org>
Subject: Still awaiting a response


Dear Mr. David Kingsbury and friends,
I am still awaiting a response from you.
Is Mr.David Kingsbury still at LCI?
The club is confirmed De-registered.
Can members of a De-Registered club be installed as Cabinet officers?
Please don't do the same as you did in December 2016; please respond.
Kind regards,
Luqman Michel


Finally after 3 emails I received the following response from Mr.David Kingsbury.
On Wednesday, 1 August 2018, 22:16:49 GMT+8, Kingsbury, David <David.Kingsbury@lionsclubs.org> wrote:



Dear Mr. Michel,

As previously advised, whether a Lions club is properly registered with its local government is a responsibility of the club as an autonomous legal entity, and such registration status is independent of whether a respective Lions club is in good standing within the policies of LCI. Therefore, provided that a member in good standing is in a club that is in good standing, they may hold any office as provided in the district’s constitution and by-laws.

Please be further advised that as you are not a member of any Lions club, we must advise that you take any complaints to the local authorities.
This office will no longer respond to your inquiries on matters regarding registration under local law.

Kindest regards,
 David Kingsbury
Attorney // Legal Division
Lions Clubs International

Here is my response to Mr.David Kingsbury.


luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:President,District Administration,Legal,Finance,Lion Magazine
2 Aug at 05:13
Dear Mr. David Kingsbury,
It is nice to get a response.

Please be informed that I had stopped emailing you and have emailed you now only because you had instructed me as per part of your email below:

On 8.2.2018
The last paragraph of the email from you, Mr.David Kingsbury, said the following:


Please be advised that if this situation changes and either of the authorities that have been notified do find criminal behavior occurred, we would request the district governor or any other Lion notify this office and provide any relevant evidence to confirm such findings so that additional action may be taken. Although you are not a current member, should you be aware of such information and provide that to this office, the information will be reviewed and handled in the same manner.

Kindest regards,
 David Kingsbury
Attorney
Legal Division

Well, I thought I should keep you informed and I would have thought that I need not have wasted my valuable time writing to you and the legal department 3 times to get a response.

This is not what I expect from LCI.

Wish you well, as usual.
Luqman Michel
For those new to my posts here please read my book on 'Wolves among Lions' available on Amazon as well as on Barnes and Noble. Continue reading my comments below.





My comments now:
1.      It was Mr.David Kingsbury who had said in his emails to me that I may contact him and provide any information if circumstances change. Now that circumstances have changed I email him and he says that he will not entertain me as I am not a member of any club. What happened to his: Although you are not a current member, should you be aware of such information and provide that to this office, the information will be reviewed and handled in the same manner.

2.      In response to: “Therefore, provided that a member in good standing is in a club that is in good standing” –
i.                    How can a club be in good standing when it has been de registered by the local authorities?
ii.                  Did the previous two DG’s or the current DG Tiong Tong Tiing query on my complaints on; manipulations of minutes, misappropriation of funds by members of the club, falsifying records in Registry of societies and the many other complaints? How can a club be in good standing when the above questions have not been resolved? How can Tiong Yong Tiing rely on answers given by John SF Ho without questioning me or anyone of the 14 members who have resigned from the club?
iii.                LCKKHost had reported that it received its funds for the Tallantang Hostel project from LCI. When I checked with both LCI and LCIF, the manager of LCIF categorically replied that LCIF did not give any grants to LCKKHost. Why has this not been investigated by LCI/LCIF?
iv.                Why were grants ‘supposedly’ received from LCIF over the years not reported to ROS over the years? Does no one in the Lions 308A2 know that this is against the Societies Act? Is there a cover up of Money Laundering?

No comments: