Sunday, August 19, 2018

Request to district Governor to clear my name


 


Here is a link to 'Wolves among Lions'
 

There are still many Lions who think that I am the cause of Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu being deregistered when in fact it was the misappropriation of funds from the club by John SF Ho and many of the Past Presidents of the Past President council.
 
I wrote an email to the DG Tiong, the VDG and a number of the PDG's. Now, that I have had no response I shall write to ROS as promised in my email as shown below.
 
luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:Yong Tiing Tiong,drganks@yahoo.com,Lee Pelly,Dato Betty,PDG Karen Koh

9 Aug at 12:05
 
Dear Mr. Tiong Yong Tiing,
In your response dated 31.7.2018 to my email you said: “Thank you for your email. For your information, I will act in accordance with LCI CBL.”

I had immediately thanked you for your response.

Now that I have a little time from my busy schedule I decided to look again at the Lions Constitution and By-Laws (CBL) and have a few things to ask you, please.

The following is addressed to all Lion dignitaries addressed above;
The CBL says among other things:
i.                     TO PROMOTE the principles of good government and good citizenship.

Good Government and good citizenship would include not misappropriating fund belonging to the needy, I would think.

I have given the 3 secret bank accounts operated by a few members of the club. What have you as 2nd VDG, VDG and now as District Governor done about it?

I have been made to understand by one of your PDG’s that most clubs have accounts where donations collected are banked in and used for purposes not intended to be used. This extra bank account is apparently closed at the end of the year and not reported to ROS. Is this true? If it is not denied, may I please report it to ROS for investigating all clubs in District 308A2?

ii.            TO PROVIDE a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest.

I had requested PDG Eve Wong and Pelly Lee and you as 2nd VDG for a discussion and all of you had declined from having an open discussion on my complaints. Had there been an open discussion my former club would not have been de-registered and I will still be a member.

Now, I am requesting you to have an open discussion with me on resolving this matter and vindicating me.

iii.           PUBLIC (ACTIVITY) FUNDS
 All funds raised from the public must be returned to public use, including money accumulated from invested public funds.

The secretary of the club, Mr.Francis Liew had said in the newspaper report that all excess funds are for club use. Do you agree with this statement? Did any of you question Lion Francis Liew on this matter? If you do not respond directly to this question may I please report this to local authorities?

iv.                 Are Lions Clubs involved in money laundering? I have to ask this question as money received by my former club is said to have been received from LCIF but LCIF has denied any knowledge of money granted to Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host. In addition, all monies received from overseas were never reported to ROS over the years.

What about others clubs in District 308A2? Has money received from overseas ever been filed with ROS?

My aim in writing this email to you is to ensure that no other Lions Clubs in your district will continue utilizing funds meant for the needy for other purposes. Let us not have more clubs being de-registered.
I would like to recommend to ROS to set up some control to ensure that all monies collected are used in accordance with CBL.
I request all leaders to have a meeting and discuss this matter unlike what has been happening in the case of Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host where one person makes major decisions and responds to ROS within 24 hours. What were leaders like you, Pelly Lee and the rest doing when it was reported that the letter from ROS under section 13 (2) was responded within 24 hours? Was that according to CBL?
Thank you and kind regards,
Luqman Michel

No comments: