Monday, September 10, 2018

E-mail to DG Tiong Yong Tiing


Get your copy of Wolves among Lions from www.luqmanmichel.com

Email to Mr.Tiong Yong Tiing

I have written an email to the District Governor of District 308A2 today (6.9.2018)
.
Do any Lions around the world have an answer to my question, please?


The Societies Act does not allow any member holding an official position during the time of deregistration to hold the position of an officer in any club, association or political party for a length of 5 years.

I am not sure if a PDG of a deregistered club may be accorded VIP seating in an official club function and thus my email to the DG.

Dear Mr.Tiong,
I have asked around from members of Lions clubs if it is against the Societies Act to accord VIP seating to members of a club that has been Deregistered.

None of the Lions I asked could answer my question.

Assuming I find any member of any deregistered club being accorded VIP seating after today I hereby request your permission to ask for an answer from ROS HQ.

This will then be made known to all members of 308A2 so that we may all be well informed.
I request your permission to post this email on Facebook to see if any members from overseas may be able to educate me.

Wish you well, as usual.
Luqman Michel

2 comments:

christine Kasonde said...

The African saying says sweep your house first before going to sweep your neigbours house. Sort this problem through your council of Governors in the District. Im very sure they will make it straight. The ethics are very clear. PDG Christine Kasonde District 413 Zambia

Luqman Michel said...

Thank you very much for your comment PDG Christine Kasonde.
You need to read my book 'Wolves among Lions' available on Amazon.
The books details all my attempts at resolving this problem amicably in-house.
When that did not work out I wrote to practically all the PDG's of District 308A2. Not a single soul said a thing.
I then wrote to LCI who even as of a few months ago say that the club is still in good standing as long as they have paid up their dues.
When I posted this on FB a few Lion members from around the world said not to wash dirty linen in public. When I responded I hear no more from them.
This whole thing about 'We serve' is just hogwash.
Wish you well.