Wednesday, September 12, 2018

History repeats



No matter what has happened most people do not learn and therefore few things ever change.
For instance, John SF Ho has been spinning yarns from as early as July 2016 and yet many clowns still believe him up until today. They still believe that the deregistered club will be restored.  These clowns believe that John Ho’s appeal to Home Affairs minister will be looked into and the order by Registry of Societies to deregister the club will be reversed. 

The District Governor has not learned from the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host episode. He appointed members of LCKKHost as cabinet officers despite my telephone call to him in June not to appoint any member from the club as the investigation by ROS is still going on. I understand he went ahead to appoint the members after having a discussion with John Ho who had told him that LCKKHost will not be deregistered. What kind of a fool will ask John Ho and decide to appoint members of LCKKHost into Cabinet Officer Positions?

Perhaps it takes a certain kind of person to want to become District Governor of District 308A2. They appear to be acting in their own self-interest and not at all interested in learning from History or in helping others. The DG has been requested to clear my name but has yet to assist me and yet he goes up on stage and says ‘We serve’. What a whole load of Bull! 

I wrote to the DG and asked him if ROS will approve of members of Deregistered clubs to be given VIP treatment in Lion functions and he has remained silent. I asked this question because George Kunjan was given VIP treatment at one of the Lions Installation function. No one I have asked has been able to answer if a member of a deregistered club can be given VIP treatment. Should it not be the DG’s responsibility to write and ask from ROS? Without knowing the answer does he have the right to put the president of the club organizing the event to be put in trouble? What kind of a leader will be so irresponsible?

Now, if I get information that members of the deregistered club are accorded such VIP treatment I will surely write to ROS and other authorities to enlighten the rest of the Lions whether it is allowed by ROS. If I do that in the interest of self-enlightenment as well as to educate the other Lions should I be blamed? Would members thank me for my selfless effort?

The club was deregistered on 28.6.2018 and yet had 2 meetings and a visit to a sister club in the Philippines in August.  Are these activities not illegal? I have asked the DG but he does not care to respond just like what happened in my former club. History is repeating. Would I be surprised if the whole of 308A2 is for some reason suspended? 

All of us know that a person holding an official position in a deregistered club cannot hold any official position in any other Club, Association or Political party. 

Is there any Lion who can educate me on whether a member can be accorded VIP treatment in any Lion function?

No comments: