Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Crime and Locus Standi



If I know that a Crime has been committed by Lions Club of Kota kinabalu Host can I report it to the police? In other words do I have locus standi?

Well, assuming you witness a shooting incident where your neighbor is shot dead are you allowed to report to the police? According to a learned friend of mine you not only have the right to report but you are duty bound as a good citizen to report a crime. 


If you are aware of a crime you are duty bound to report it to             authorities.


In February 2014 the Federal court ruled that genuine interest is enough for locus standi.

The Federal Court has reviewed the test for locus standi, ruling that a person needs at least a genuine interest in an issue but no longer needs to prove to have his rights affected by it. 

My comment:I definitely have a genuine interest in the case brought up by LCKKHost against ROS.

To have locus standi (legal standing) means a person is qualified to take legal action, as they are affected in some degree by the issue they are taking action against. 

My comment: As such, if by a fluke shot Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host’s de-registration is cancelled then I can take the members of the club to court for wrongful dismissal with trumped up charges using falsified documents.

Yes, if LCKKHost is reinstated then I will surely like to find out via the court on what basis was I expelled from the club and how members who had not attended any meeting for more than one year could appear at the EGM to vote against me.

No comments: