Saturday, March 23, 2019

Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host -A lesson from Bhagavad Gita



Here is something to ponder over especially for my Hindu friends including Sai Baba Devotees.

In the Bhagavad Gita Krishna tells Arjuna that he should go into battle and fight.
Arjuna then tells Krishna that he cannot fight, because he sees opposite him his grand uncle Bhishma and cousins and other relatives.

Krishna convinces Arjuna that this war was not about him, it was about a concept, an idea of Dharma. 

First of all Krishna tried his best to avoid the war. He pleaded with the Kauravas to come to some agreement. But they didn’t listen to him. This compelled Krishna to ask Arjuna to fight.

Lions Club: My encounter with the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu and with Lions Club International is only based on Dharma. I believe it is sinful to steal monies from the needy.
 I too pleaded on numerous occasions with members of the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu. I was even willing to apologise, even though I felt I had not made any mistake, and pleaded for members to move on and forget the past. (Read details in my book ‘Wolves among Lions’available on Amazon and on www.luqmanmichel.com.) 

I met with Dr. Muthusamy, telephoned Visvalingam and I met with Dr.Arabi Wazani to settle this matter amicably. I attended meetings held to resolve this matter but it was Thomas Ho (president) who was adamant about not willing to let go. 

Krishna emphasised on two terms : Karma and Dharma. He told Arjuna that this was a righteous war; a war of Dharma. Dharma is the way of righteousness or a set of rules and laws laid down. The Kauravas were on the side of Adharma and had broken rules and laws and hence Arjuna would have to do his Karma to uphold Dharma.

Lions Club: The Lions Club had broken many rules and regulations set by Lions Club International and were unethical in their conduct. They also broke many of the rules and regulations set by Registry of Societies, Malaysia.
They had operated secret bank accounts and falsified minutes of meetings. 

Arjuna tells Krishna that he does not wish to kill them who are about to kill him and his men. He asks Krishna as to how he can be happy after killing his kinsmen. 

Lions Club: Similarly how can I be happy in writing about my own Lion Club and going against friends I have known for more than 35 years like Dr. Muthusamy and Jim Rajaratnam. But I went ahead and reported the matter to Registrar of Societies because I believe that I have been put in this position and given a duty that I must fulfill.

Dr.Muthusamy has told our Lion friends that he is an international figure and highly respected and I should not write matters about him on my blog. By the same token I am also an international figure respected by hundreds of people around the world. I have 3 blogs where members and others visit on a daily basis. Should I not clear my name?

Most of the members of Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host live a lie and think that donations given by the public is theirs to use as they please. They do not realize that even the house they live in is a loan from Mother Nature.

No comments: