Sunday, January 10, 2021

A Blast from the Past (Part 2)

 

I am in the process of collating information for my legal case against my former club. I am going through my emails and looking for information to include in my affidavits. 

When the president of my club, Past President Carol Lo Phit Hah, asked for information on 100% attendance pin I wrote to PDG Bill Keller who replied me promptly and I provided the response to my club which was the beginning of my ordeals with PDG John Ho.

However, there was no response to a subsequent email, copied below, to PDG Bill Keller. 

 

Something sinister going on in my club

luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:wkeller2@columbus.rr.com
Sat, 10 Dec 2016 at 13:41
Dear PDG Bill Keller,
 
I do hope you remember me. I posted your response
to my question in our Lions e-mail and was reprimanded by
a local PDG for seeking answers from without.

Since then I have tried every means to solicit answer from
my club members to no avail.

PDG, I believe something sinister is going on as all my queries
are not responded and swept under the carpet.

I am sure this is not the behaviour of a typical Lion.

I have been told by many PDG's from my club that Lion International
will have nothing to do with affairs of other Lions Clubs. Even today,
one PDG told me in writing that we are autonomous and Lion International
will not be bothered with what I have to say.

I believe that the Lions movement is larger than an individual and also
larger than a club and if the good name of a club is at stake any Lion should act.

I have discovered many things that are wrong with my club and I have started blogging them
so that other Lion clubs in Sabah may benefit from my experience.

I believe that at the least Lion International should be able to stop my club's meetings until
some questions (by LI) are answered by my club.
 
1. Why are only 2 bank accounts of the club registered with our Registry of Societies (ROS) when we have 3 bank accounts?
2. Why is one of the accounts not audited by our auditors?
3. Why are most of the directors not registered with the ROS?
4. Why can't a director be presented with a set of accounts when requested?
5. Why is the Fixed assets in our accounts NIL (This was informed by ROS who did not allow me to look at the accounts)  when we have a building bought under our club?

I have many other questions but if satisfactory answers could be obtained to the above questions the others will not be material.

I repeat, something sinister is going on and I am in the process of being dismissed
by an EGM to be conducted soon.

I understand that this is your Holiday season and I regret this intrusion.

Could you please advise.

Attached herewith are our 3 bank accounts with the one marked with an asterisk (No. 101960010096567) not accounted for.

Thank you and kind regards,
Lion Luqman Michel

No comments: