Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Open Email to Lions International (Part 2)

Lions – Club Dispute Resolution Procedure (CDRP)

Dear Sir,

I refer to my email dated 13.12.2016 to you and other relevant departments in LCI.

Let me ask you a hypothetical question.

Assuming I am not a Lion’s Club member but have solid evidence that a Lion Club has bank accounts (similar to Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host) where money is siphoned out and I complain to you, are you going to ask me to file a complaint under CDRP?

If you did that, I would ask you to go fly a kite. Why would any sane human being pay you USD 50 to inform you of a crime committed as was done by my former club.

I think you should look into this aspect and make some amendments so that the public may freely complain to you of similar misappropriation.

Right now it appears that Lions International is only interested in making money and don’t care a hoot if individual clubs misappropriate money meant for the needy.

Here is an extract from the internet found here.

All disputes arising between any member or members, or a former member or members, and the club, or any officer on the board of the club, relative to membership, or the interpretation, breach of, or  application  of  the  club’s  constitution  and  by-laws,  or  the  expulsion  of  any  member from the club, or any other internal Lions club matter whatsoever which cannot be satisfactorily resolved through other means, shall be settled by dispute resolution. All parties to any dispute subject to this procedure shall not pursue administrative or judicial actions during this dispute resolution process.

Lions in District 308A2 are recommended to read and familiarise on how to handle disputes. I don’t believe Eve Wong knew what to do.


No comments: