Thursday, February 4, 2021

Evidence (Part 1)

 



Two days ago I watched a Tamil film, Adanga Maru, that I had watched a few years ago. The title loosely translated means ‘refuse to be tamed’ or ‘resist bullying.’

As a police officer the hero in the film catches 4 guys who had raped a girl and murdered her. They are released because of lack of evidence and because of their influential parents.

The hero then resigns from his job and starts killing the 4 guys one after another. The police know who the killer is but are unable to do anything due to lack of evidence.

Now, I understand exactly what my Facebook friend Datuk Ramli Dua meant by saying that the police would have investigated my case if I had enough evidence.

Apparently, giving the police the 3 bank accounts that had not been presented to the Board of Directors; Showing them that only 2 different bank accounts were ever presented to the BOD’s; Giving them minutes of meeting of the PP Council which states that the 3 bank accounts are operated by the PP Council, Giving them evidence that only 2 bank accounts were reported in the ROS records; Showing them hand written statements by Joseph Chai which shows the money transferred from the 2 accounts to the secret bank account and then used to purchase air-conditioners are all not evidence.

The police officers asked me to show the payment vouchers and receipts of the 3 secret bank accounts.

Without those payments vouchers my case was classified as ‘Closed due to no strong evidence’.

To me it was a simple case of the police officer asking Joseph Chai, the PP council treasurer, to produce the payment vouchers.

Apparently, according to the police, that is not their job.

I should have learned to jump over walls and learned to pick locks so that I could produce evidence.

To be continued….

No comments: