Saturday, February 6, 2021

Evidence (Part 3)

 



When the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host was reinstated, money was collected from members to repay John Ho, Joseph Chai and Thomas Ho Thau Phin for having advanced money to pay District and LCI dues for the financial year 2018/2019.


Chong Kiew Loi who had been a member for more than 40 years refused to pay the dues and was dropped as a member – I am not certain if he was expelled or he resigned. I understand that he was unwilling to pay dues for the year in which the club had been de-registered. He is the only Past President who appears to know that an unlawful club (society) should not pay dues.

Lions Club International had collected the dues despite knowing that LCKKHost was an unlawful club for that year. This is against the LCI Constitution. Read more on this here.

I wrote to the District Cabinet Treasurer, Peter Yong Chung Sing, for the year 2018/2019 to confirm if he did receive the district dues for the year 2018/2019. Peter responded and asked if I have the receipt number which I don’t have.

Peter carbon copied his response to the District Governor, PDG Tiong Yong Tiing, for that year.

Without the receipt I am again back to square one. I do not have EVIDENCE!

Let us take a step back and examine what has happened from the beginning until now, before we continue.

i.                     At the meeting held in SGCC, chaired by PP Norman Lie, between the PP Council and me to amicably settle this problem, I had agreed to make peace and move on. I even agreed to apologise even though I did not see any reason to apologise. I extended my hand to shake hands with the president, Thomas Ho. He refused to shake hands and said he will wait for instructions from John Ho. This is included in the minutes written by the chairman of the ‘peace making committee’ Norman Lie Chin Man.

You may read about this at https://myclubexperiences.blogspot.com/2016/12/past-presidents-council-and-meetings.html

ii.                   Attempts by Lion Horace Ho to meet Thomas Ho to settle matters in a friendly manner was also rejected.

iii.                 My attempts to meet Thomas Ho to settle matters amicably was also rejected. You may refer to the message between Thomas and me at https://myclubexperiences.blogspot.com/2016/11/altered-minutes-by-president.html#more

iv.                 I had met with Dr. Arabi Wazani together with Horace Ho to settle matters amicably but Arabi said that John Ho does not want to make peace.

v.                   I made an appointment with Dr. Muthusamy Palanisamy and met him in his clinic at the time specified by him. He did not even ask me to sit down and told me outright that he will not take sides as both me and the others are his friends.

vi.                 I was told that at the EGM to vote for my expulsion I will not be able to ask any questions other than what was in the agenda.

vii.                Dr. Kenneth Yen had asked if a show cause letter has been issued to me. Since there was no show cause letter he abstained from voting.

In short I have attempted to make peace several times as I wanted to move on. But this was all futile. Until recently only the club and its members were in trouble. But now, LCI is also involved and is answerable to why it received the yearly dues from an unlawful club (society).

 It would have been well and dandy if the departure of LM was settled free of encumbrances that it would not turn back to haunt KK Host as  PP Dr Arabi had put it that “we should be prepared to face the possible consequences, if any,  because of our action tonight”. (Norman Lie)


I have highlighted in my earlier open statement that LM had agreed to all peaceful proposals tabled by my committee and even all earlier peace gestures initiated by Horace Ho and Dr Arabi to PresidentThomas Ho and PDG John Ho and all to no avail. (Norman Lie)

For details read my post here. 

 

To be continued…

No comments: