Friday, December 9, 2016

Past President's Council and the meetings held



I was requested to attend two meeting with the Past President’s Council. The last meeting was on the 18.11.2016.

The meeting was arranged at the 4th BOD's meeting . I was not at the BOD meetings in October nor in November 2016. However, I met as requested. I decided to accept the minutes prepared by the Committee and even accepted to signing the apology letter proposed by the Committee chairman even though I did not agree, so that my club and I can move on. The President, Thomas Ho Thau Phin disagreed to the minutes let alone his apology letter.


I believe the committee of the Past President’s council is also not a legal entity. It is not registered with the Registry of Societies not is it in the Constitution and By Laws of the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu.

At the time of the two meetings the change of name of Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host itself had not been approved. What more the Past President’s Council. (I am not sure if the PP council has now been added to the Constitution filed with the ROS lately. I got the first page and decided not to photocopy the whole constitution as it is costs money.)

I had wasted my time attending a meeting with the Past Presidents council which was assigned the job of negotiation by the BOD of a club which itself was awaiting approval of its change of name.

At the ROS I found out that my name as director is also not included in the list submitted to ROS. Most of the directors are not listed as directors. This is a little strange to me but finding out the answers to this will also be too stressful. I have decided to let it be.

As a result of not being listed in the list of officers in the ROS I cannot obtain the audited accounts. I have today written to the treasurer during my year and hope he will be able to provide me one. Otherwise, this too I will let go. This is getting too difficult for me to fathom.

Note: The above is just a record of what has transpired so that I will be able to use it in my forthcoming book on my Club Experiences.

No comments: