Monday, December 26, 2016

Special Meeting



The following is part of the minutes of the 6th BOD/Regular meeting which deals with my dismissal issue.
               
PDG John went on to say that the following resolution would be tabled   and considered and if thought fit would be passed.

              RESOLVED THAT:-

            “Pursuant to Article 6 Section B of the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host, Luqman Michel, having rendered himself unworthy of membership by injuring the good name of the club and disturbing its well-being in his public media Facebook postings and blogs, be asked to resign quietly within 2 weeks from the date of passing this resolution and if he refuses to do so, he is hereby expelled for cause from the club at the conclusion of the 2 weeks concession granted for his resignation.”


My comment:I don’t believe I am injuring the good name of my club. A club consists of members. If the members create a bad name for the club of course I am not to be held responsible. I have only spoken the truth.


             PDG John Ho further said that Luqman Michel had wilfully created unsubstantiated and false reports against innocent members publicly, in particular, accusing the President and Secretary of manipulating, altering and falsifying the minutes of the Board/Regular Meeting at which he was absent and therefore he could not possibly have any basis or knowledge to question the accuracy of the minutes, which, by the way was confirmed at a subsequent meeting without any amendments.


My comment: Of course it is substantiated. The IPP Carol Lo Phit Hah had written an email to all members stating that she does not agree with the minutes. This matter was not discussed at the next BOD meeting and the minutes were adopted. There were members present at that meeting who can verify that ‘Bad words’ were not uttered during the meeting.To-date my question as to what are the bad words has not been answered.



The secretary has given in writing that those words were not his but were asked to be inserted by the President Thomas Ho Thau Phin. I am baffled as to why professionals present at the meeting allowed the minutes to be adopted without discussing the contents of the email from the IPP (Immediate Past President).


             His Facebook friends had made reference to our Club as “filth” and claimed we were associated with “illuminati.”He had made many derogatory remarks on our Club’s officers. He even said members were helping others to cover up “crimes.”


I am not responsible for what readers wrote. I had given ample notice that I will seek answers from without if I do not get answers from within. I was warned by PDG’s that this matter is a club matter and the DG (District Governor) will not involve herself. Sure enough when I emailed some PDG’s and the DG, Eve Wong, I was told that this is a club affair. I was also informed that even LCI (Lions International) will not interfere with club affairs as each club is autonomous. As such I wrote on my blog and FB for the public to realize as to what can happen even to a Lions Club if we have unscrupulous officers.


             PDG John Ho also said Article 12 of our Club’s Constitution & By- Laws provides for proceedings of our club to be conducted in accordance with Robert’s Rules of Order. Line 3-7 of page 630 of Robert’s Rules of Order (Newly Revised ) 10th edition says “the conduct of injuring the good name of the organization, disturb its well-being is a serious offence properly subject to disciplinary action, whether the bylaws make mention of it or not.”

            Kim Goldsworthy, an authority and a panelist on Robert’s Rules Question and Answer Forum had confirmed on 19 November 2016 at 4.28pm, all those public postings were sufficient to conclude Luqman Michel’s unworthiness of membership and no further due process was required.


If I have the email address of Kim Goldsworthy I will ask him as to which of my statements in my public postings is unworthy of membership. When I am finished with my club matters I will write to him.


            Members could no longer feel at ease with Luqman around; even a joke by PP Joseph Chai that KK Host was more important to him than God could go viral asking him to repent othewise something bad or tragic could happen to him.


If a PDG can state that the statement  “KK Host is more important than God” and has the audacity to record it in the minutes of meeting then I honestly do not know what to say. What are we teaching young Lions?


            Surely, members would shun him and it was therefore best to part ways with him. With Luqman’s removal, he would not have any more new issues to write.

This is the real reason for my dismissal. John S F Ho and his cronies want to get me out as I have been asking too many questions which threaten their continued unscrupulous acts.

            PDG John Ho stressed that that this was a club’s matter and not a personal matter. If he treated this as a personal matter he would have made a police report against Luqman Michel and another Lion in our Club, PP Chin Chee Thau and have them charged under Section 233 of the Communication & Multimedia Act, 1998 for posting in social media false, menacing or offensive remarks with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass another person and they shall, on conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding fifty thousand ringgit or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one year or both.

No comments: