Sunday, December 11, 2016

The mysterious 3rd bank account



All this while in my Lions club I have been told we have 2 bank accounts. Only 2 accounts are disclosed to ROS. However, I have recently discovered that Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host has been operating three bank accounts under LCKKHost in Alliance bank for a number of years.

The 3rd account, I am informed, is not audited by Horace Ho our auditor.
I have checked with many of the past presidents and secretaries and all of them, except for one, are unaware of the 3rd bank account. The others who may know about the account are Joseph Chai and PDG John S F Ho.



1.       Now, who authorized the 3rd bank account to be opened?
2.       What is the purpose of this account?
3.       Who are the cheque signatories?
4.       Why is it that it is so secretive?
5.       How did LCKKHost open all three accounts when the ROS had just authorized the use of the
name LCKK Host only from 23.11.2016?
6.       Allow me to think aloud: Can’t the 3rd account be misused (especially since it is not being audited by our in-house auditor) – for instance can money that is supposed to be banked into the 1st and 2nd account be banked into the 3rd account? What are the chances that donations received in the form of cheques are banked into the 3rd account?
7.       Can we examine the accounts of the 3rd bank account?

Can I request for a response to the above and all previous questions before the EGM or will I be allowed to ask these and more relevant questions at the EGM?

Can they decide to vote without hearing me out? They have not answered many of my emails for many months. They do not give me a chance to voice my grievances in the BOD/ Regular meeting. Thomas Ho Thau Phin does not want to accept the findings of the PP Council (Which is itself not a legal entity).
Let us see how things will turn out. Que sera sera.

1 comment:

Luqman Michel said...

Now it has been established that there are 3 bank accounts in Alliance Bank and a further 2 Bank accounts in Hong Leong Bank. In addition there is a fixed deposit account.

The above was confirmed by the Finance Chairman at the 8th BOD meeting but this important message was not recorded in the minutes of meeting.