Sunday, December 11, 2016

Article v of constitution and by-laws of my club – Resignation



Section C says:

The name of any member who shall absent himself from four consecutive regular meetings of the club without acceptable cause being given to the attendance committee chairman or the club secretary, shall be submitted to the BOD by the secretary at the Board Meeting next following the fourth such absence, and the BOD shall decide whether such member shall be dropped from the club or retained on the club roaster.




Now at all directors meeting that I had attended since I joined in October 2014 not once did I see such a list as mentioned above let alone it being deliberated upon.

There are many members who have not attended any meeting for a period of 12 months and more.

1.       Why has section C not been applied? Is it because we want to remain as the club with the highest number of members? Would this not be considered to be deceitful?
2.       Would there therefore be ‘phantom voters’ in my club during an EGM or an AGM? Should this not be resolved before the EGM that is about to be held?
I will send an email to the secretary Francis Liew and hope to get a response.
........................................................................................................................
For those who are new to this blog I say the following very briefly so there is no misunderstanding that I did not attempt to resolve this matter in my club.

My attempt at getting a response from my members via many emails since May 2016 hardly had any response.

Queries at BOD meetings have been glossed over. Even at the last BOD meeting on 6.12.2016 where the BOD decided to ask for an EGM to dismiss me from the club,when I wanted to say a few words I was shot down and a non member (PDG John S F Ho's wife) who was present shouted at the top of her voice causing chaos.

Attempts to reconcile with my president via email, whatsapp and via another member Horace Ho were futile.

On 11.9.2016 Thomas Ho Thau Phin our President wrote to Norman Lie my sponsor and copied  me an email that contained these words and more:

"...............he should be aware no one owes him any duty to respond and, by not doing so, it should never be interpreted that he/she does not know the answers."

Earlier PDG John S F Ho had written and asked me to ask my fiend from US if my emails are unlionistic. 

The minutes prepared in November 2016 after two meetings with me by the Past President Council was accepted by me but rejected by Thomas Ho Thau Phin.

I have therefore followed what my PDG wants and have created this Blog for not only my friend in US to comment but to all readers. 

Since I am hungry for knowledge and my president had said that he owes me no duty to respond I decided to seek for answers from my readers while at the same time keeping them informed as to what is happening in my club. I believe we should tell all - good, the bad and the ugly.

For details please read my posts from the beginning.

No comments: