Saturday, December 3, 2016

Quotes from Martin Luther King Jr



Here are some words spoken by Martin Luther King Jr that are worth meditating upon.

"Those who do nothing while witnessing injustice and wrong-doing do worse than those who commit acts of injustice. The privileged have a responsibility to do what they know is right."

I have written many e-mails to all members of my Lion’s Club and except for 2 members no one else bothered to take a few minutes to comment. I am not talking about just any friends but talking about members and past presidents of the so called oldest and largest Lion’s club in Sabah.

Had the members taken action on the onset neither the members of the Past President’s Council nor I need to waste so much of our precious time resolving some of these simple matters.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
"We will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

Yes, I am disappointed that many of the members of my club have become blind, deaf and dumb and refuse to see the facts of the case. The real culprit is a Past District Governor, John S F Ho.

"The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: “If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?” But… the Good Samaritan reversed the question: “If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?”

How many of my members stopped to ask “If I do not stop to help Luqman Michel what will happen to him?” “What will happen to justice?”

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."

No comments: