Saturday, December 10, 2016

My first visit to Registry of Societies



On 7.11.2016 I paid a visit to Registry of Societies (ROS) to get a copy of my clubs accounts.
I asked the person at the counter to make a search for ‘The Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu (Host). ‘
The person at the counter could not find the name on the file. She then asked another clerk and she too could not find the name on the list of names. An officer was summoned and she too could not find the name on the list.

AND so began the search as in the fable ‘Rumplestiltskin’.

Is it the Lions club of Kota Kinabalu Metro. ‘No’.
Is it The Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Downtown. ‘No’.
Is it the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Central. ‘No’.
And on and on it went. Then Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu.

Luqman: OK. Try that please. Who is the President of the club? 
ROS: ‘Carol Lo’. 
Luqman: Yes, yes,yes. That is my club. Now, may I have a set of the accounts? 
ROS: Are you an officer of the club? 
Luqman: Yes, yes, yes, I was a director in that year.

The officer scrolls up and down and says:
ROS: ‘No, your name is not here’. 
Luqman: ‘That is impossible; here see these minutes from my club it says I am a director.’ 
ROS: Sorry, our file does not have your name.

Then another Rumplestiltskin:
How about Norman Lie Chin Man? ‘No’
How about Delce Teresita Prudence? ‘No’
How about Quenie Cheu? ‘No’.
How about Visvalingam Suppiah? ‘No’.

OK, OK, OK. Can you please read out the names of the officers in my club (just in case this is not my club- what if there is another Carol Lo?)

The officers are, Carol Lo Phit Hah, Thomas Ho Thau Phin, Peter Liew Shin Pin, Jessie Goh See Yee, Jessie Chong Yok Lin and Francis Liew Shin Pin. No other officers.

One more question please. 
Luqman: Can’t we have more than 6 officers?
ROS:  ‘No, you can have as many as you like.
Luqman: Can’t I have a set of the accounts as you can see my name in this list of directors as per our minutes?
ROS: ‘Sorry, No!’

I wasted 2 hours in the ROS. 

No comments: