Monday, July 5, 2021

Hind sight on John Ho’s intimidating email


This post was drafted in January 2021 but for some reason I had not published it.

Today, 25.1.2021, I read the email from PDG John Ho to PDG Eve Wong, International president of LCI and David Kingsbury of LCI legal. This email was written in March 2017.

I read the email to prepare documents for filing my intended court case against my former Club.

Let me respond to the email with hind sight.

 

I believe this whole episode is due to the devious ways of PDG John Ho who has frightened PDG Eve Wong from taking action. He had convinced LCI with his lies which have subsequently been exposed.

The facts as of now, on hindsight are:

1.       Two bank accounts were presented to all BOD members until September 2017. Only 2 bank accounts were reported to Registrar of Societies. I have the minutes before September 2017 and those after September 2017.

2.       Since October 2017, the 3 secret bank accounts that had been operated by the illegal Past Presidents Council were recorded in the minutes of BOD’s meetings. A fixed deposit account was also recorded for the first time. Refer to my first open letter in 2021 to LCI.

3.       The office lot purchased partly from excess project funds was never disclosed in any of the BOD’s meetings nor was it recorded in the Registry of Societies.

 

It was for the first time recorded with a value of RM100 (Ringgit One hundred only) in ROS records in the year 2016. This was as a result of my complaint. Refer to my 3rd open email to LCI on this matter here.

4.       The police report I had made was not acted upon because I was unable to produce payment vouchers and receipts of the 3 bank accounts I had reported to the police.

 

I believe the police, PDG Eve Wong and LCI were misled by John Ho’s email where he had asked the following questions:

i.                     Can he tell you the amount misappropriated?

ii.                   Can he name the person or persons who have “stolen” the money?

iii.                 Can he state on which day or days the funds were misappropriated?

How do I answer the above questions when the files and account books are with Joseph Chai (JP)?

Why didn’t LCI ask the DG at that time to audit the 3 secret bank accounts?

 

5.       John stated ‘Club issues are internal and have to be dealt with by the club itself. In this case the action taken by KK Host is most appropriate’.

 

This is what is not acceptable to me. What has happened here is that John together with a few of the past presidents have been operating the 3 bank accounts and fixed deposit account. They were determined to expel me.

 

These rich and powerful members did not want their name smeared and thought it best to expel me instead of discussing the matter and moving on as requested by me numerous times during meetings held to resolve this matter.

 

The US parliamentarian’s, Kim Goldsworthy’s,letter was ignored.

 

The 10-page report by Norman Lie was also swept under the carpet.

 

It was in Dr. Arabi Wazani’s presidential year when the Past Presidents Council was formed.

 

I have mentioned only these 2 Past Presidents, Dr. Arabi Wazani and Dr. Muthusamy Palanisamy as I had approached them to settle this matter amicably.

 

Several other Past Presidents are equally guilty.

 

6.       John Ho also stated the following in his email above:

 

LCI’s comments on this are appropriate. “If YOU BELIEVE that KK Host is mishandling club accounts, ask the District Leadership to review the matter” Surely then the District Leadership should ask for evidence from LM instead of calling for meetings to listen to stories.

 

No action is taken by the District Leadership or LCI because each club is autonomous and it is up to the ROS to take action. Unfortunately, in Sabah, ROS has only two officers to do investigation and there are so many clubs registered under ROS. As such, I understand, many clubs are taking advantage of this.

 


1 comment:

Luqman Michel said...

If each club is autonomous and no one, including the DG of the day, may question the club on 'internal matters' does it not open the flood gates for misappropriation of funds as was carried out by my former Lion's club?