Wednesday, November 2, 2016

100% Perfect Attendance Pin



The following is the first of my email to members"

12.6.2016
Dear Lion friends,
I just returned from a 3 days trip to Kudat and Kundasang.
Regret the delay in responding to the ‘what's App’ message re: 100% Attendance pin.
I fully support and agree with what Lion Dr. Arabi has said in the ‘What's APP’.
When I heard about the 100% Attendance pin award, I asked around as to who is entitled to it.
I was told it will be given to those who attend 100% of the BOD meetings. I asked
about the fellowship meetings and I was told that that is not compulsory.
It appears to me, now, that we are not quite sure as to what the 100% pin is all about.
I went through the internet looking for some material and the best I can find is the following:

Lions Clubs International 100% Perfect Attendance Awards
*1946-2011.
All pins are actual size.
"Lions Clubs International 100% attendance award program started in 1927. The purpose was to recognize Lions club members for their perfect attendance at club meetings. Lions Clubs members can make up missed club meetings if done so 6 days before or 6 days after words the missed meeting by attending other clubs or other Lion's activates."

The above was the position as at 2011.
Does anyone in our club know what a ‘make up meeting’ is? Is the definition above correct?

I would request the President Elect to find out the exact position on this and inform the next BOD and all members.
1. Is it only for the Directors or for all members who attend the BOD meeting?
2. Let us not forget that our meetings are both a BOD meeting and a regular meeting combined.
3. How about the fellowship meetings? Do the fellowship meetings have to also be attended 100% to be eligible for the 100% pin award?
4. Are the pins given free of charge by Lions International?
5. What exactly is a make-up meeting? Does one have to inform the secretary about the make-up meeting? I guess one has to inform the secretary as otherwise the secretary has no way of knowing.
If the pins have to be bought and given to all members it will lose its significance just like some titles that can be obtained with some donation made.
Mr.President Elect, now the ball is in your court. Please find out the exact stand of Lion's International on this matter.
Note : Recently, when I asked as to whether BOD members must wear a vest I had various answers from the members. I confirmed after contacting a Lions friend in US who had contacted Lions International and informed that one does not have to wear a vest, pin or anything at all - just a plain shirt will do. However, if the BOD decided that all members who attend the BOD must wear a vest then this should be informed to the members at the first meeting or pre-board meeting and adhered to by the members. This is a decision to be made by the members of the board and has nothing to do with lions International.
Let us be an example to all other Lions clubs.
Kind regards,
Luqman Michel

1 comment:

Luqman Michel said...

The President of the day, Carol Lo was the one who telephoned me and asked me to check out on the 100% perfect attendance pin. She would not have asked me if any of the directors who attended the directors meeting had known the answer.

Carol was eager to get this question answered before her term was over.

John Ho got upset because he was not approached.