Thursday, November 3, 2016

Letter Head



20.8.2016 Email to members

Dear Lion friends,
I write this email to get your views/comments on some, in my opinion, important matters that have transpired during the week.

I have mulled over these matters a great deal before deciding to bring them up with you.

I am not quite sure if we have any standard rules and regulations in our club. Are there rules and regulations on the day to day running of the club?

On the 14.8.2016 I asked the President if I could avail myself to some letter heads to solicit donations for some projects. He asked me to contact PP Delce to get a soft copy of the letter head.

For those who may not be aware, I am the chairman of Environment for 2016/2017 and I am a committee member of the “My Kampong” project in Monggis.

I sent off an email to PP Delce in the early morning of 15.8.2016.

I received a telephone call from our President at 9am asking me if I required the letter heads  for collecting advertisements to which I said no. He said that if it was for advertisement he had letters already pre-prepared. END OF CONVERSATION

I then received another telephone call from the President, Thomas Ho Thau Phin, at 11 am saying that it was decided that all letters are to be signed only by the President. I asked as to who decided this and he responded that it was none of my concern.

Now I have a few questions which I would appreciate some answers to, as this is our club and the Lion Movement is bigger than all of us put together.

What rules and regulations are there concerning as to who may or may not use the letter head for specific purposes?
1.       I was told that we have a special whatsapp group consisting of the directors. Should not the directors be consulted on matters such as the above instead of one or two members taking things into their own hands?

I attach herewith the email exchanges between PP Delce and myself.

I also attach the email correspondences between me as the Chairman of Environment and as committee member of Monggis Project to companies to solicit donations.

I have so far received:
1.       RM200 as a donation from a Face book friend which money was handed over to PP CC Pung.
2.       Received 42 activity books from a Public Listed Company – SP Setia and I have also handed these over to PP CC Pung.
3.       Received 8 planting kits from SP Setia and handed them over to PP CC Pung.
4.       I have received a promising letter in response to my request for donation from Hap Seng Bhd. All Hap Seng needs is a letter from us giving the details as requested. I thought we should ask for donation for the Talantang project as I believe Hap Seng will give a sizeable amount. (Note: I will not be able to sign an official letter on this project as I am not a committee member.)

Anyway, I have passed these emails to PP Delce. The President or anyone appointed by him may follow up on these matters.

Please read the attachments prior to posting any comments.

Thank you and kind regards,
Lion Luqman Michel

3 comments:

Luqman Michel said...

At the time of writing this post I was still baffled as to why I was not given the letter head to write to the Public Listed Companies requesting for donation.

Luqman Michel said...

Now, I have a thought going on in my mind - If I were to request for donation all the cheques received will be known by me and I would ensure that they are banked into the two official bank accounts.

What if the donations are received by some of the others who are privy to the other three accounts?

Luqman Michel said...

Now, everything has fallen into place. The PP Council wanted to write for the donations so that if funds are received they will be able to decide into which account to deposit same.
If the donation was received by me then of course I will be able to check when the next treasurers report is given out.
I will write more on this in the next few days - perhaps before the end of April 2019.