Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Contribution to our discussion by Chairman of Past President Council and my response



14.6.2016 Written by our Chairman of Past Presidents – PP Nenita Tan
Dear Lion Luqman,

I just want to put my input here in response to your letter.


1. This issue is under this fiscal year 2015/2016. The fiscal year in not over yet. This issue should be brought up to the current president since it was brought up during the BOD meeting.  I do hope you do know how the Lions fiscal year starts. Just in case you do not know, President Elect Thomas term will only starts officially from July 2016 onward and ends in June 2017.

2. There are some traditions and in house rules that has been practiced by LCKK Host over the last 50years. One example is using the Lion Vest during the meeting. When I was the tail-twister, during the beginning of the fiscal term, and with the blessing of the BOD, I made sure that everyone wears vest to any Lion meeting and other activities of which failure to do so, will be fine rm2.00. And this does not implies that it is a fixed rule of LCI. It is up to the President of the day to implement such rule of fining rm2.00.

3. LCKKHost for over the years has a ruling wherein, if you wish to get the 100% attendance award you must be at least be able to attend 24 seat in meetings aside from the 12 BOD meetings like attending conventions, Distriict conference, Regional meetings, Regional Fellowship, Joint Zone Fellowship and other activities. If you miss the BOD meeting you can attend other club meetings to replace it and inform the secretary. But this has been scraped off about 10 years ago. The Club felt that it is too costly to continue buying those pins. Subsequently, awarding the PINs was carried out depending on the President of the day. It is up to the President of the day whether to give such award during his terms. There is no fixed rule for this.

3. If you wish to know more about Lions information, kindly consult your sponsoring Lions, as he is the best person that can answer you or do write to our Club's Past Officers of the Association. Am sure they will be filling you with the right and correct info. 


Yours in Lionism
PPNenita
PPC Chairperson
………………………..
14.6.2016
Dear PPNenita and Lion friends,
I thought it best to stop this email exchange after the last email from PDG John Ho.
I thought it was getting a little personal.
However, now with this email it appears that I have to clear the air.
Your point1. Yes, I do know about the fiscal year. I have been a director for one year and attended all BOD meetings and know that my term will end at the end of this month too. I also know and have heard many times: "This was discussed by the last board and not this board meeting".

I had suggested the President elect to look into this matter and inform his BOD and other members so that we may all be enlightened. This would be an incentive to members to attend as many meetings as possible and I believe it should be done by the next president and not by the current president. If this thinking is wrong then accept my apologies.

You were present at the last meeting when this was discussed but you did not speak as confidently as you do now?
You are a PP and PPC Council Chairperson, why did you not sound as confident and knowledgeable as you seem to be now?
Your point 2. I have also found out about this matter from my friend from US and informed the BOD. This again was for the purpose of letting all of the members know what I had found out.

However, PP Nenita, I was new in the club and I was wearing the Yellow Lion T shirt as I did not have a vest. My sponsor had not bought it. You had 'fined' me RM2/- which was paid by my sponsor (there are members who don't like that word 'fine' but I think we all know what you and I mean.) However, it was my name mentioned in the minutes at 2 different places as not having worn the vest. I definitely did not like that. Anyone reading that minute will think I had failed to wear the vest when in actual fact I did not have a vest due to no fault of mine.

Your point 3. You were there at the BOD but why did you not say this at that time? Suddenly we have all become smarter. Unfortunately you had not read my email well as your information in your point 3 is not quite correct.
Your point 4. My sponsoring lion was also at the meeting. I took the liberty to find out from my friends in US simply because I did not get the answers I was looking for. PP Nenita, there are too many things which we may all not be aware of. As PP CCPung has said we tend to forget a lot of things as time goes by. Do you for a moment think I have nothing better to do than to write and ask for information from US if we in the club knew all the answers? As far as I am concerned I have been and will continue to be willing to learn from anyone. I have learned all that I know about 'Disengaged students' from kids who have been my students. Everyone in this world know something that you and I don't know. We should have an open mind and learn from them.
You say, "Am sure they will be filling you with the right and correct info." Search yourself and see if this is true. Were we sure that the pins were not given free by LCI? Did we know what exactly is a 'make up meeting'?
Let us discard our ego and work towards a common good - Serve.
I'll let you have the last say and excuse me if I do not respond .........

Lion Luqman Michel

No comments: