Tuesday, April 2, 2019

My ordeal with the Investigating officer



On 1.4.2019, after having prepared a complete set of report to accompany my police report I went to the Karamunsing police station (Karamunsing is in Kota Kinabalu which is the capital city of Sabah). 

The officer at the counter did not even know the meaning of affidavit and told me she does not speak English.

After the report I went to the Investigating Officer (IO) whom I had met the previous occasion in 2016 December. She speaks a little English.

Here is part of the Q & A’s that is translated into English from Malay:

IO: Are you a member of this club?
Me: No! 

IO: Are you a party to the court case?
Me: No.

IO: Is your name mentioned anywhere in the affidavits.
Me: No.

IO: Then you have no Locus Standi – no legal right to make a report.
ME: Assuming I live next door to you and I see you being raped by someone, can I make a police report – in other words, do I have locus standi?

IO: But this report you are making is not about a rape case.
Me: (Stunned ….and she is an IO – Investigating officer.)

I think I should leave this blog for a short while and go back to my Dyslexia Blog which I have neglected for quite a while. I definitely need a break.

3 comments:

Luqman Michel said...

I told the IO that a lawyer friend of mine had told me that not only do I have the rights to make a report but it is my duty, as a citizen of the country, to make a report.

She responded by saying 'Lawyers can talk.'(Tau cakap saja.)

MIGS-SABAH said...

She is "ignorant" and lazy.

MIGS-SABAH said...

April fool bah..