Saturday, April 6, 2019

My police report 4.4.2017 (Part 2)



On 21.3.2017 I gave the Investigation Officer- IO a letter addressed to The Chief of Police (which was duly acknowledged receipt by her), saying that I have been informed by a Past President, Mr. Norman Lie Chin Man, that a 10-page document presented at the 8th BOD meeting dated 7.2.2017 was written in just one sentence in the 8th BOD minutes. The 10 page report was not circulated to members.


Copies of the 10-page report and the Minutes dated 7.2.2017 were handed over to the IO.

At the same BOD meeting the Finance Chairman, Past President Joseph Chai, had said that there are 5 bank accounts operated by the club. The Finance chairman had also said that there is a Fixed Deposit account where the amount now stands at around RM60,000. The club intends to build the balance to RM100,000 so that interest received may be used for payment of administration purposes. This important message was not included in the minutes.

The IO had said that I am not to report on any information subsequent to my expulsion from my club. This does not appeal to my senses. Surely you can interview members who had attended the 8th BOD meeting and confirm if such matters had been discussed. This will confirm conclusively the 2 matters I had reported on. It confirms:

a.        Manipulation of minutes whereby members who had not attended the BOD meeting are kept in the dark.
b.      The existence of the additional 3 accounts that I had reported on which have been kept a secret from a majority of the members and the existence of a fixed deposit account.

My comments now: I wonder if the letters dated 21.3.2017 and 4.4.17 and several other letters handed to the IO were ever handed over to her senior or to DCP Chandra. 

Were these letters handed over to Enforcement Agency Integrity Commissions (EAIC) after my complaint to them?

Why can’t I report information that is useful to an investigation especially when it relates exactly to my complaint – i) Manipulation of minutes and ii) Misappropriation of funds by club members.

How can our present government ever catch up with our neighbouring countries if our police department has important positions in the force managed by officers who do not know the law and cannot understand English?

No comments: