Saturday, May 18, 2019

Lions Club International Foundation and its 4 Star Rating




Here is some information I extracted from the internet on LCIF followed by my comments.


"Fiscal responsibility and transparency are important to LCIF. LCIF continues to ensure that all donated funds are used efficiently to help even more people."


My comment: This is not my experience with LCI/ LCIF. I had written several emails to both organizations stating that grants meant for the Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu were actually paid to the Past Presidents Council (PP Council). PP Council is not a registered body and was set up by some Past Presidents to siphon off money donated by the public and grants given by LCIF. 

LCIF abruptly discontinued correspondence with me on this matter and passed on the matter to LCI which did not want to pursue the matter.

AND they talk about fiscal responsibility and transparency?


"LCIF recently earned its sixth consecutive 4-star rating from Charity Navigator for its effective fiscal management and its commitment to accountability and transparency."

My comment: I believe they earned their 7th year in a row in 2018. Does Charity Navigator know about the episode of Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host and the lackadaisical attitude of LCI and LCIF? 

What accountability and transparency are they talking about? I would like to see if Charity Navigator will give them their 8th consecutive year in a row for effective fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency. I have made comments in their blog which has not received any response as yet and I have tagged them on Face Book.


LCIF donors can be confident their donations are being used in support of the programs for which they are intended.

My comment: I wouldn’t be confident, would I? Serious matters are swept under the carpet and they hope that matters will be forgotten. I am one person who will leave no stone unturned until I get a satisfactory response to my emails to LCI/LCIF.

I have written to Barry Palmer our one and only Past International President from Australia. I believe he will look into this matter. 

No comments: