Tuesday, May 14, 2019

IPP Barry Palmer - Face Book discussion (Part 1)



International Past President of Lions Club International, IPP Barry Palmer is the only IPP from Australia. He has been my Face Book friend for quite a while.

Here is the beginning of a FB exchange from May 12th 2019. Let us hope IPP Barry will be able to investigate into this matter and recommend to LCI on what action to take against the culprits who have siphoned off grant money from LCIF meant for the poor.

May 12th 2019
Luqman Michel My friend, you comment on my post this morning will be greatly appreciated. Tell me if what I have written is wrong so that I may learn from you. www.myclubexperiences.blogspot.com


Barry Palmer Luqman Michel the link is not working


Luqman Michel Thank you my friend. Here is the specific post you may be able to help me with. Most of the questions are important, I believe. https://myclubexperiences.blogspot.com/.../lions-club...

Luqman Michel There are many lessons to be learned from this episode. I have only listed a few. These questions should be trashed out and District Governors and clubs should be informed on what to do when problems of such nature recur. Wish you well, as always.


Barry Palmer Luqman Michel these are local matters and as such should be dealt with locally by the DG. I usually deal with complaints relating to LCIF but still have no power to remove a member. This has to be done by LCI I don’t know how I can help you?


Luqman Michel Good start, my friend. If LCI, DG's and PDG's do not do anything about a club where members misappropriate funds (donations as well as grants given by LCIF) what can an individual member do? There should be something in place in the rules and regulations laid down by LCI where some party should take matters in his hands and resolve such matters instead of saying each club is autonomous and no one outside the club should interfere. I understand that siphoning out of money from donations is common in most clubs in District 308A2. As mentioned before, this has nothing to with helping me. This episode is over and I have joined another charitable organisation. The question is as to how such matters should be handled by LCI, DG or PDG's or whoever. Otherwise, each club can do what it wants with donations received and that is definitely not healthy. Thank you once again.


Barry Palmer Luqman Michel if you have information on LCIF funds being misappropriated I would be interested to know about it


Luqman Michel Have you learned to use your messenger. It is better I write via messenger or email rather than on this page. You may write to my email at luqmanmichel52@yahoo.com

Luqman Michel Since I have no response to my last comment above I shall continue this conversation in this page. (Refer below). This is fine with me as Lions reading this may also contribute. Barry, this is an elaborate scheme created by a few past presidents to hoodwink local authorities as well as LCI/ LCIF. I hope you will ask questions and deal with this matter involving LCIF grant. I will give you conclusive evidence that LCIF grants have been siphoned off by my former club.  To be continued….


Biography
Barry J. Palmer, of East Maitland NSW, Australia, was elected president of Lions Clubs International at the association’s 96th International Convention, held in Hamburg, Germany, July 5 through 9, 2013.

Past President Palmer was a real estate company director.

A member of the East Maitland Lions Club since 2016 he has held many offices within the association, including club president, zone chairperson, cabinet secretary, cabinet treasurer and district governor. He has served on numerous committees and as the Host Committee Chairperson for the 2010 Lions Clubs International Convention in Sydney, Australia.

In recognition of his service to the association, Past President Palmer has received many awards, including the 100% Club President Award, the 100% District Governor Award, nine International President’s Medals and the Ambassador of Good Will Award, the highest honor the association bestows upon its members. He is also a Progressive Melvin Jones Fellow.

In addition to his Lion activities, Past President Palmer is a recipient of the order of the Australian Medal issued by the Australian Government, the Australian Childhood Cancer Research Award and the Spastic Centre of NSW Award. He was a Pioneer Volunteer at the Sydney Olympics and a member of the New South Wales Paralympic Committee.

Past President Palmer and his wife Anne, also a Lion and a Progressive Melvin Jones Fellow, have three children and eight grandchildren.


No comments: