Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Quotable quotes (Part 3) – Pung Chen Choon (CCPung)



This is a good time for this quote by Past President CCPung.

I wrote an email to all members of Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host and asked if there were more than the two bank accounts extended to the BOD. This was at a time when I was still a member of the club.


When I found out that the auditor of the accounts for year in which I was the director of the club, 2015/2016, was Pung Chen Choon our in-house expert on Robert’s Rules, I wrote an email to him as auditor and also posted the following on Face Book and received his response as below.



Luqman Michel Mr. Pung Chen Choon, I have just sent you an official Email requesting you to inform me and the rest of the members as to how many bank accounts were you given for audit last year. I have just come to find out that you were the auditor of the accounts for year 2015/2016. Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Pung Chen Choon Does 'official email' connotes something i should know? Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible if appropriate. I don't think i should rely on my memory. I report to the Board whether i like it or not. It may be more expedient to ask for the info from the Board.


My comment now: Within a matter of a few months CC Pung could not rely on his memory to say if he had audited more than 2 bank accounts for year 2015/2016 - spellbinding! 

Who is CC Pung trying to kid?

Now that the three secret bank accounts have been discovered what has CC Pung got to say?

More importantly CC Pung or Pung Chen Choon is the secretary of the Past Presidents’ Council and he is one of the 4 authorised signatories.

No wonder this guy could not give a straight answer to my simple question. 

Isn't this like asking the fox to guard the chicken or a wolf to guard the sheep?
Don’t forget that this guy is a Justice of Peace.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lion club international should take them to court so in future this kind of matter never happen..

Luqman Michel said...

I have been writing to LCI during the last two years and it seems to fall on deaf ears.
It is anyone's guess as to why LCI behaves in this manner. From comments in IPP Barry Palmer's FB page it appears that there are many members who are unhappy with the Leaders of LCI who appear to have a 'don't care attitude'

Luqman Michel said...

I saw a Tamil movie yesterday where one of the main characters said "There were crooks before there was police. Crooks were first and then came police as second."

Crooks are still leading.