Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Correspondence to and fro LCIF and me



Here is my response to LCIF. At this point in time I did not know that the grants were from LCIF. LCKKHost had said in the local newspaper that funds were received from LCI. 

From: luqman michel [mailto:luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 1:41 PM
To:
@lionsclubs.org>
Subject: Response: LCI contribution




Dear Lion (name removed by me),

I am really glad that finally I have some answer from LCI. (or is it LCIF?)

 

The Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host (LCKKHost) has been misappropriating funds meant for the needy by having 3 'secret' bank accounts apart from the 2 bank accounts reported to the BOD and to Registry of Societies (ROS).

 After one year of investigation the ROS has issued a show cause letter to LCKKHost following which suspension/de-registration may occur.

 To one of the questions LCKKHost has said that excess of funds received from sister clubs and from LCI for projects are for the use of the club. This is not logical as it will lead to misuse of funds meant for the needy.

 I had written many emails to LCI which have unfortunately not been responded to. Had LCI looked into this problem, when I first wrote to them more than a year ago, the LCKKHost will not be in this current situation.

 Please explain what you mean by "Again, this applies to LCIF grants. I am not able to speak on grants that may be awarded by the association, LCI."

 Does your above sentence mean:

i. There are grants made by LCIF and LCI separately?

ii. If LCI does not respond to my emails requesting for such information what is my avenue for getting answers to questions?

 Thank you once again for your response and I look forward to your reply to this email.

 

Wish you well.

Luqman Michel

Here is the response from LCIF to my email above.

Name removed by me @lionsclubs.org>
To:luqman michel

25 Jan at 05:00
Yes, LCIF makes grants and I believe that LCI does also, but on a much smaller scale. I am aware of the Public Relations grant through LCI.
 
If you know that type of grant they received then it may be easier to get an answer.
 

No comments: