Sunday, February 18, 2018

Passing the buck (Part 2) - Eve Wong



Here are emails to and fro DG Eve Wong. I am posting all of them at the same time as I will be very busy with some work next month and in April.

Please read the emails in their entirety as only then will you get a grasp of the actual situation. I did not rush into anything at all. I wrote my emails and gave enough time and I am only posting these emails now as no Lion/Lions Club or even LCI had come forward to settle this problem amicably.



Here is a summary of the emails below.


12.12.2016
There are 3 banks being operated under the name of LCKKHost name in Alliance bank.
Only 2 of these are audited by our auditor. Many of the past presidents and members are not aware of the 3rd bank account.

14.12.2016
Response from DG Eve Wong: Lions clubs are autonomous. Any further queries may be directed to LCI Legal division as well.

14.12.2016
I thanked her for her response.

20.12.2016
I again wrote and requested for placing club under status quo.
I again wrote about the extra 3rd bank account and many other anomalies.
There was no response from her.
The above emails are when I was still a member.

31.1.2017
I said I had been expelled and that it was a premeditated move but said that no action need be taken about this part.
John Ho had falsely used Kim Goldsworthy’s name to expel me from the club. I enclosed Kim Goldsworthy’s letter stating that he had in no way said what he was quoted having said.

I stressed that she should not say that this is a club matter.

3.2.2017
PDG Karen Koh forwarded my email (to her) to DG Eve Wong.
I had said that the club will definitely be suspended/ deregistered.

5.2.2017
Eve Wong responded and said she will meet me on 17.2.2017 when she comes to Kota Kinabalu.

12.2.2017
She had to come to KK for another meeting and decided to meet me and told me she will come on 17.2.2017 and will meet me again.
I handed all documentary evidence to her that I had at that time including Kim’s Letter and the account number of the 3rd bank account together with a photo from the bank teller machine in Alliance bank.

13.2.2017
I emailed and thanked her for meeting me on 12.2.2017. I requested her to bring up this matter at the next convention.
I enclosed explanatory notes on the papers presented to her the previous day.

13.2.2017
Eve confirms handing over the documents to Thomas Ho and John Ho.

13.2.2017
I sent the whole set of documents by email to PDG Bobby Eng as suggested by Eve Wong

14.2.2017
I wrote to Eve Wong and LCI Legal, Admin and finance. At this time I had discovered that there were 5 bank accounts and 1 Fixed deposit account. Three of these bank accounts were not known to most members.

19.3.2017
Wrote to Eve Wong and attached email I received from LCI for her information and action.
An important point in LCIs  email to me is: If you believe that the Lions club is mishandling club accounts, we recommend speaking with district leadership to review this matter.

20.3.2017
Emailed to Eve to thank her for meeting me on 12.2.2017 and collecting 30 pages of documents under CDRP. I stated that there is a violation of ethics and constitution. I mentioned Kim Goldsworthys letter again.
(This is an important must read email)

20.3.2017
I received an email from Eve Wong putting me back on square one.

26.3.2017
Another must read email I sent to Eve Wong.

27.3.2017
Eve Wong confirms receipt of my email...


 
Here are the emails, with the first to DG Eve Wong on 12.12.2016 (When I was still a Lion)


luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:evewonglb@gmail.com
12 Dec 2016 at 10:08
Please confirm receipt of this email.


Dear DG Eve,
PDG John S F Ho has been controlling my club for the last 2 years that I have been a member of this club. I regret to inform you that answer to simple questions are not forth coming.

I have been told that PDG’s and DG will not involve themselves in club matters. This I can accept but please tell me what I can do when I believe that something against the constitution is being carried out.


1.       Article v of constitution and by-laws of my club – Resignation
Section C says:
“The name of any member who shall absent himself from four consecutive regular meetings of the club without acceptable cause being given to the attendance committee chairman or the club secretary, shall be submitted to the BOD by the secretary at the Board Meeting next following the fourth such absence, and the BOD shall decide whether such member shall be dropped from the club or retained on the club roaster.”

At all directors meeting that I had attended since I joined in October 2014 not once did I see such a list as mentioned above let alone it being deliberated upon.

There are many members who have not attended any meeting for a period of 12 months and more.


2.       There are 3 bank accounts operated under the name of LCKKHost name in Alliance bank in Kota Kinabalu. Only 2 of these 3 accounts are audited by our in-house auditor Lion Horace Ho. Many of the past presidents and members are not aware of the 3rd bank account. This account can be misused and money misappropriated.

Many other matters are club matters but I would like a response from you on the above 2 matters. I would like to include your response in my blog:

Thank you and Kind Regards,
Lion Luqman Michel

       Member of LCKKHost

Here is her response.


Eve Wong <evewonglb@gmail.com>
To:luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk
14 Dec 2016 at 09:31
Dear lion luqman, 

Just to inform that a lions club is autonomous and whatever action is governed by the CBL and should safeguard our District 308-A2 and LCI images at all times. Any further queries can be directed to LCI Legal Division as well. Thank you

Eve Wong 
District Governor 


My comment now as at 18.2.2018: Please see what I had written and what her response is. “Safeguard LCI image at all times” – how does anyone safeguard the image of LCI? Surely not by sweeping everything under the carpet. I did not know how to respond and just thanked her for her response as follows.


luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:evewonglb@gmail.com
14 Dec 2016 at 11:59
Dear DG,
Thank you for your response.
Wish you well,
Lion Luqman Michel


On December 20th I decided to write again requesting her to place the club under status quo and carry out investigation. Note that I wrote to DG, VDG, 2nd VDG and Zone chairperson.


luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:evewonglb@gmail.com,lee.pelly@gmail.com,yt.tiong3@gmail.com,winlsp@hotmail.com
20 Dec 2016 at 07:25
Dear Dg, VDG, Zone chairperson and 2nd VDG

I refer to the above captioned in the Lions Club International manual.
It states on page 14 that clubs are encouraged to consult their zone chairperson, district governor, first vice district governor and second vice district governor if any of the conditions above exist in the club to be placed in status quo.

My club, The Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host, falls under at least one of the justifiable conditions for placing on status quo and Club Cancellation which is:

Failure to comply with the purposes of the association or conduct unbecoming to a Lions Club

The conducts unbecoming of my club among others are:


1.       To have a bank account in Alliance bank that has not been audited by the auditors for a number of years. This is over and above the 2 accounts that are audited. Lion Horace Ho can confirm that only 2 accounts have been audited. I have checked and confirmed same with ROS.
2.       They have operated without the certificate of registration from ROS all this while as The Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host when the name was only approved on 2.11.2016.
3.       Not registering many of the directors in ROS for years 2015/2016.
4.       To operate 3 or more bank accounts under the name The Lions club of Kota Kinabalu Host when this name was not approved prior to November 2016.
5.       Having a club house that may have been purchased from project funds.
6.       Falsification of minutes of BOD meetings which complaint has now resulted in the BOD calling for an EGM to be held on 3.1.2017 to remove me.

I now request you to take action on my club under ‘Status Quo and Club Cancellation’ before the EGM is held.

This matter has already been brought up to some of you and as yet no action has been taken.
Kindly investigate this complaint immediately.

I have already escalated this matter to relevant authorities.
Thank you and kind regards,

Lion Luqman Michel
Member of LCKKHost


My comment now as at 18.2.2018: She did not respond. As at the date of the above email I was still a member of the club.

Then on 31.1.2017 I decided to write to the leaders of District 308A2.


luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:lawrence.ting818@gmail.com,datobettywong@gmail.com,evewonglb@gmail.com,kykung126@gmail.com,drtantmc@gmail.com
31 Jan 2017 at 18:13

My Dear friends,
I have been expelled from my club of Kota Kinabalu Host as of 18.1.2017.
It was a premeditated move to block me from seeking the truth of the bank accounts not filed with ROS nor informed to almost all club members.

The above part is being handled by me and you need not be concerned.

All the excuses they had given for my expulsion are false but I want you all to just look at a third party confirmation of lies told by PDG John Ho and Thomas Ho Thau Phin. John Ho has wilfully falsified information and used it to convince the members to expel me from the club.


I have written to a few of you earlier and you have said that this is club matter and each club is autonomous. That may be true but allowing what John Ho and Thomas have done without questioning them is definitely unacceptable to me. If nothing is done I shall bring this matter up to the press.


Now, John ho facilitated by Thomas ho had written the following as the main reason to expel me:

Following is part of page two of ‘ A REQUISITION FOR A SPECIAL MEETING TO BE CONVENED FOR THE PURPOSE OF TAKING ACTION ON A MEMBER, LUQMAN MICHEL FOR CAUSE.’

‘Kim Goldsworthy, an authority and a panelist on Robert’s Rules Questions and Answers Forum have confirmed on 19 November 2016 at 4.28 pm all those public postings is sufficient to conclude Luqman Michel’s unworthiness of membership and no further due process is required.’

I attach page 2 of the requisition for you to read carefully before reading what Kim Goldsworthy has written to me in his letter.

I want a response from each one of you or collectively as I will not accept an irresponsible response that this is club matter. John Ho and Thomas Ho have been a disgrace to my club and to the Lions movement. I believe that this is just not a club matter but a matter of grave concern to the Lion Movement.

Thank you and kind regards,
Luqman Michel


I regret that it had slipped my mind that in addition to PDG Lawrence Ting, PDG Karen Koh had forwarded my email to DG Eve Wong. Here is PDG Karen Koh’s email to DG Eve Wong.


From: Karen Koh 许颖燕 <kareneykoh@gmail.com>
To: A2 DG Eve Wong <evewonglb@gmail.com>
Cc: luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk
Sent: Friday, 3 February 2017, 9:35
Subject: Re: Fw: my expulsion from LCKKHost with falsified information

Dear District Governor Eve

I trust this mail finds you well.  Gong Xi, Gong Xi, Xin Nian Hao!

Forwarded herewith email from Lion Luqman for your information and attention.

With kind regards
Karen


I was elated and immediately responded to PDG Karen and to DG Eve Wong.


luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:kareneykoh@gmail.com,evewonglb@gmail.com
3 Feb 2017 at 13:35
Dear PDG Karen,
Where has my manners gone?
Gong Xi Fa Cai. Wan Shi Ru Yi.

Thank you Karen Wong for forwarding my e-mail to DG.
You are the first person to have acknowledged my e-mail.*

I was beginning to believe that this disease in my club has spread to all Lions as no one answers e-mails.

As I said, this is no more a club affair. It cannot be settled at club level as too many people are involved and most are Chinese who want to save face.

The club will definitely be suspended and even de-registered but that is besides the point. Someone should be able to ask John Ho to attend a gathering and asked to show cause as to why he should not be asked to resign for giving the Lions Movement a bad name.

We have filed in ROS a secretary for 2015/16 who was not a secretary.

We have assistant secretary and assistant treasurer when there is no such post.

Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host did not exist until 23.11.2016 according to ROS.

We have bank accounts that are produced to members and also bank accounts that are not produced to members.

We have Hong Leong Bank registered with ROS with the account number of Alliance bank.

Our office lot in the name of the club is not registered with ROS.

I can go down the list but this should be enough to deregister our club.

But John Ho who is the culprit should be questioned by some PDG's as this disgrace to the Lions Movement is brought about by him. The deregistration will also be because of him and not because of me.

Wish you well.
Luqman Michel
(Not a member any more)


*It had slipped my mind that PDG Lawrence Ting had also responded to my email.

Then I received a surprise email from DG Eve Wong.


From: Eve Wong <evewonglb@gmail.com>
To: luqman michel <
luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
Sent: Sunday, 5 February 2017, 11:33
Subject: Re: my expulsion from LCKKHost with falsified information

Dear  Luqman Michel,
I will be in KK on 17th Feb. I would like to have tea with you may i know are you free to meet up ?


Eve Wong


My comment now as at 17.2.2018:
Please note the above date where she said she will meet me – 17.2.2017.

I found out details of her arrival via whatsapp and met her on 12.2.2017 in the presence of President Chong Tshen Vui.

I handed over the documents for CDRP and the requisite equivalent of USD 50. She said she will collect the money after meeting President Thomas Ho. She did not turn up after that meeting. I believe she decided not to meet me after receiving a demeaning email from PDG John SF Ho. (I shall post this email from John SF Ho tomorrow)



On 13 Feb 2017, at 6:11 AM, luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Dear Ms.Eve Wong,
Thank you for meeting me yesterday in City Mall.
I do hope you will look seriously into the matter I had briefed you.


Please pass a set to Bobby Eng and let me know his stand. I have written 3 e-mails to him to no avail.

As mentioned I believe you should either bring this matter up at the convention or pass on to another PDG to bring it up. Let me know if anyone of the PDG's has agreed to bring this up at the next Convention to be held in April.


Meanwhile, if there is any clarification you require on the papers I gave you to hand over to Thomas Ho, John Ho and Bobby Eng please do not hesitate to ask me.

I look forward to meeting you on 17th when you next visit Kota Kinabalu.


I hope this matter can be resolved without me having to take more drastic measures.


I enclose herewith explanatory notes on the papers presented to you yesterday.



Have a pleasant trip and as always I wish you well.
Luqman Michel


My comment now as at 18.2.2018: As seen above 17.2.2017 is the date she fixed to meet me again but she did not meet me after 12.2.2017. Here is an email acknowledging receipt of my documents.


Eve Wong <evewonglb@gmail.com>
To:luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk
13 Feb 2017 at 08:00
Thank You Luqman for your good wishers. 
 I had passed the copy of the documents to President Thomas and He will pass another copy to PDG John Ho.  I will send PDG Bobby a copy as well as per your request in this email. I hope he will come out some solution. 



      Eve Wong 
                 Give Our Hands to Serve, Hearts  To Love



Eve Wong <evewonglb@gmail.com>
To:luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk
13 Feb 2017 at 10:21
Hi Luqman, could you pls send a soft copy of the documents to PDG Bobby Eng ? As i found that it will be easier if you can send him the soft copy so that i don't need to scan all documents to send him . 


Eve Wong

Give Our Hands to Serve, Hearts  To Love


I responded as follows:


Eve Wong <evewonglb@gmail.com>
To:luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk
13 Feb 2017 at 12:42
His email as follow , bobbyeng@singnet.com.sg

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 11:57 AM, luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
No problem ma'am.
Can you confirm his email as he has not responded to any of my emails.

LM


Here are the 4  emails that I had sent to DG Eve Wong and to PDG Bobby Eng.


luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:evewonglb@gmail.com,bobbyeng@singnet.com.sg
13 Feb 2017 at 13:39
Dear DG Eve Wong,
Here is the covering letter to you, the board papers presented to the BOD on 7.2.2017, and a list of attachments.
I will send the rest in another 2 emails.
Regards,
Luqman Michel

……………….

luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:evewonglb@gmail.com,bobbyeng@singnet.com.sg
13 Feb 2017 at 14:01
Here are further 6 documents attached

2. Email from LCI re Dispute resolution
3. Dispute resolution from Lions Magazine September 2016
4. Practices contrary to LCI manual
5. Practice contrary to ROS
6. ROS Certificate

Wish you well,
Luqman Michel



luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:evewonglb@gmail.com,bobbyeng@singnet.com.sg
13 Feb 2017 at 14:17
Here are attachments 7 to 12

7. Change of name effective from 23.11.2016

8. First BOD meeting for year 2016/2017

9. Treasury report 2015/2016

10. 3rd bank account not known to most members

11. 6th BOD meeting - see 6.9 and items marked red

12. Manipulation of minutes by Thomas Ho



One more to follow.

Happy Days,
Luqman Michel



luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:evewonglb@gmail.com,bobbyeng@singnet.com.sg
13 Feb 2017 at 14:47
Here is the last few attachments 13 to 19



13. Email from IPP Carol Lo saying minutes are not correct
14. Email from Thomas to Norman and copied to me

15. Resolution to expel me with fabricated comments from Kim Goldsworthy

16 and 16 (2) - Kim's letter saying John Ho has misled the members of LCKKHost

17. John Ho’s Challenge to me.
18. Lies on FB via John Ho wife to cover lies told to members

19. Outstanding services award given to me for 2015/2016



Kindly acknowledge receipt off emails.
DG, please get PDG Bobby to acknowledge receipt too.


Wish you all the best.
Luqman Michel


My comment now as at 18.2.2018: I decided to write to LCI Legal and copied the email to DG Eve Wong as follows:


luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:David.Kingsbury@lionsclubs.org,Finance@lionsclubs.org,legal@lionsclubs.org,districtadministration@lionsclubs.org
Cc:evewonglb@gmail.com
14 Feb 2017 at 05:17

Dear Mr. David Kingsbury,
Thank you for your email. I understand what you have said in your email and one previous email written to me on 4.1.2017.


I have brought this up with the DG of the day and also to the chairperson of council of constitution and by-law PDG Bobby Eng.


PDG Bobby Eng does not even have the courtesy of responding to emails.
The PDG's I have written to do not respond either except for PDG Karen Koh who forwarded my email to DG.


Mr. Kingsbury, I do hope the DG and her PDG's will look into this matter and deal with it in a manner befitting Lions.


I believe this is not a club matter but one that is of the Lion Movement as many rules and regulations outlined in the Lions manual have been violated.


The committee of Constitution and Law should take action against President Thomas Ho and PDG John Ho and strip them of their titles as a lesson to all Lions.


As I have written to the DG with documentary evidence and also discussed with her in person on 12.2.17 John Ho and Thomas Ho have done undue damage to the prestigious Lion Movement  including:
1. Having 3 bank accounts (in addition to two known to all members) not made known to most members including most past presidents and directors of the club.
2. All 3 bank accounts not being audited as specified in the LCI manual.
3. Cheques in the 3 accounts signed by unauthorised member not approved by the Board.

3. Minuting matters on religion (I object to this behaviour strongly) in the BOD minutes.
4. Getting members at large who have not attended any BOD/Regular meetings over the two years I have been a member to vote at the EGM.
5. Using monies in the 3 accounts for expenditure other than what they were meant for.

6. Conduct unbecoming of a Lion.
7. Falsifying entries in the Registry on Societies including:-

i. Listing nonexistent posts like Assistant Secretary and Assistant Treasurer

ii. Not declaring the office lot as a fixed asset.

iii. Nor declaring the actual cash at bank.

iv. Mixing up bank names with bank account number.
v.  Not listing most of the office bearers.
vi. etc


I believe the DG should bring this matter up at the next convention to be held in April and have it discussed by all PDG's present and come up with guidelines on how to deal with similar situations in the future.


Mr. Kingsbury, you said "As you will note, matters relating to membership and other internal Lions matters must be resolved under the CDRP".



I believe this is more than a matter for resolving under CDRP.


Meanwhile, I am looking forward to meeting the DG who had said she will meet with me on her next trip to Kota Kinabalu on 17.2.2017.



Thank you and kind regards,
Luqman Michel


Here is another email I sent to DG Eve Wong and other leaders.


luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk,evewonglb@gmail.com,datobettywong@gmail.com,lawrence.ting818@gmail.com,bobbyeng@singnet.com.sg
Cc:David.Kingsbury@lionsclubs.org,bob.corlew@lionsclubs.org
19 Mar 2017 at 06:23
Dear Lions,
I attach herewith the email I received from LCI for your information and action. I had written to all of you about the discussion of religion by John S F Ho which is strictly prohibited by the Societies Act as well as the Lions Manual. You have not taken any action on that matter. It is in the Lions manual that anything against the Constitution and By-laws of LCI can put a club under ‘Status Quo and suspension’. I now request you to look into this matter seriously.

The emails from LCI addressed to me and copied to DG Eve Wong (I am not sure if I am allowed to call her DG and all of you PDG as I am no longer a Lion – if it is not proper then kindly excuse me) states “If you believe that the Lions Club is mishandling club accounts, we recommend speaking with district leadership to review this matter.

Now, I am requesting you to inquire into the irregularities of the finance in Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host.

Let me assure you that I will not allow this matter to rest just because you have been avoiding responding to my emails.

I will post this email on my Facebook so that all other Lions and non-Lion friends following my posts will be informed.

Thank you and kind regards,
Luqman Michel


Here is the email from LCI



From: "Kingsbury, David" <David.Kingsbury@lionsclubs.org>
To: luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>; Finance <Finance@lionsclubs.org>; Legal <legal@lionsclubs.org>; District Administration <districtadministration@lionsclubs.org>
Cc: "evewonglb@gmail.com" <evewonglb@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 1:26
Subject: RE: Lions info for you

Dear Lion Michel,

Thank you for contacting the Legal Division.

As an initial matter, all Lions clubs are autonomous, meaning that each Lions club is responsible for complying with local laws, handling its own finances and addressing membership matters.
If you believe that the Lions club is mishandling club accounts, we recommend speaking with district leadership to review this matter.


My note now: (Rest of the email is not relevant for this matter. The above highlight in red is by me.)

Here is yet another email to DG Eve Wong.


luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:evewonglb@gmail.com,thomashtp@gmail.com,jsth.lion@gmail.com,jsfh.marcia@gmail.com
Cc:president@lionsclubs.org,david.kingsbury@lionsclubs.org,songleenator@gmail.com,carenhuong@gmail.com
20 Mar 2017 at 11:41

Dear Ms. Eve Wong,
Thank you for your long awaited Email.


Thank you for having met me on 12.2.2017 where I handed you a letter together with RM 230 being the equivalent of USD 50 for dispute resolution procedures. You did tell me then that you will meet with John Ho and then collect the money from me. You did not get back to me until now.


I had given you 30 pages of documents as evidence. If John and Thomas had said anything contrary to what I had informed you, you and a few PDG's should form a committee to inquire into this matter. If I may suggest, please get 3 or 4 PDGs which if possible includes Mr.Lawrence Ting and Mr.James Teo.


Look at all the evidence I had given you and you will know that there has been a violation of the ethics code and constitution. A club can be placed under status quo for many of the violations that I had explained in my letter and attachments to you.


The 10 page report by Norman Lie (Past President) presented at the 8th BOD meeting to the Board lays out clearly that he had checked with ROS and confirms what I had said in my emails to all members. The letter from Kim Goldsworthy (the Robert's Rule parliamentarian) denying what was said by John Ho at the BOD meeting to oust me was also enclosed.


I had repeatedly told you and written in my Facebook posts that this is not a club matter. A matter that affects the Movement cannot be a club matter.  Mr.David Kingsbury's email to me and copied to you dated 14.2.2017 asked me to get the district leaders to deal with the financial misappropriations. This is what you should be doing without taking sides.


I had given you the treasurer report presented to the BOD which shows only two bank accounts and which most members are aware of. However, I have also given you 5 bank accounts of which 3 are in the name of Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host and 2 bank accounts under the name of Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu. ROS can confirm that only two accounts are presented to them. This one matter is enough to put the LCKKHost under Status Quo according to the LCI Manual.


John Ho mentioning in the BOD’s meeting and having it in the minutes that it is a joke that the club is bigger than God is definitely not acceptable to any Muslim, Hindu or Christian. This is against the LCI directives and also against the Societies Act. This is blasphemy.


I believe it is a little too late to talk about this matter going public. I had written many emails to all members of the club which were not responded. I went public when John Ho asked me to find out from my friends as to whether what I am writing is ‘unlionistic’. I started writing when Thomas Ho said that he does not have to answer any questions I ask and if he does not respond it does not mean he does not know the answer. All these matters are in writing which cannot be denied.



How does one solve this matter internally when the decision makers are all involved in this pilferage of money from the club? I have explained that they expelled me from the club as fast as they could with trumped up charges all of which has been proved incorrect by Mr. Norman Lie Chin Man.


I regret that public posting will continue until you get a few PDG’s to sit together with Thomas, John and me together with two or three LCKKH members of their choice and two or three officers picked by me.


The earlier we resolve this matter the better for all concerned.
Thank you and kind regards,
Luqman Michel


My comment now as at 18.2.2018: AND then I received the following email from DG Eve Wong. Back to square one. I thought I had given her the documents required for CDRP.

Anyway, as I have maintained all along and as given in writing by LCI Legal this matter should have been dealt with by the local leaders and has nothing to do with CDRP.

One very important thing to note is that DG Eve Wong had not said anything about me having reported this matter to the police. (This is important when compared with the email from LCI)

Here is DG Eve Wong’s final email.


On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 12:20 AM, Eve Wong <evewonglb@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Mr Luqman, 

Thank you for your email.  I would like to inform you of the followings:- 

1) I as DG for308- A2 had tried my best to find an amicable solution to your emails and FB postings. That is why I met with you and later President Thomas and PDG John Ho to get an understanding of the whole scenario. I was briefed by your good self and later President Thomas and PDG John Ho respectively. But sad to say, each one has his own story to tell. I also carried and passed all your documents to President Thomas as per your request and President Thomas also sent an email copy to PDG John Ho. 
However, I was told that this is a club matter and it should be settled within the club. As one hand cannot clap by itself and needs two hands to clap, so if either you and or PDG John  Ho or President Thomas Ho do not wanted to settle the problem, nobody can.  Remember we are all there to build and not to destroy. So I urge all of you to settle the things internally and not going public as it will tarnish the lions image which has existed for 100 years and we are all proud of it. In lions we do not go to court. We have our own dispute resolution procedures to follow and I hope you can also adhere to that. You have done a wonderful job with the disengaged children and I hope you will continue your service. I hope you will also consider to join us again to serve. Kk Host being the oldest club in the District had also done many meaningful projects benefiting the people. 

2) Please do not post again saying that I do not do anything on this matter. I had been trying hard in all angles, front and behind and hopefully to get you all to come together to find an amicable solution but I failed as I can't get the two parties together.  I hope that all of you involved would cool down and think on the bigger picture which is how best we can serve the people. Don't let these negative things affected you all. Use the CDRP if it is really needed. No house is perfect but we need guidance to make it better. I hope public posting and email exchanges will stop from here and replaced by the meaningful project postings. 

Thank you

Eve Wong 
District Governor 
District 308-A2 


The following is my last email to DG Eve Wong and following that is her response.


On Mar 26, 2017, at 7:37 PM, luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Dear Ms.Eve Wong,

I hope you are in good health.

I am sure now you understand why I did not address you as DG. I know that John Ho will pick on me and if you I called you DG and you called me Lion Luqman.

However, I want to stress that I still consider myself as a Lion as I have only been dismissed from my club. My LCI club dues are paid to June 2017 and I believe my name is still recorded as a member in LCI.  I have been dismissed with trumped up charges. None of the reasons listed in the minutes and in the resolution is factual. The EGM was not conducted properly. No hard copy was presented to me to attend the meeting. I believe that is a compulsory requirement. More importantly there was no show cause letter issued to me and this was brought up to the attention of all the members who attended the EGM by Datuk Kenneth Yen and it was included in the minutes.

I am right now not discussing my reinstatement as a member of LCKKHost. I expect this to be done by ROS which is investigating the matter.

A few other points for your attention are:
1.       Is this email from John Ho his personal email or is he writing on behalf of LCKKHost.
2.       If he is writing on behalf of LCKKHost, did the BOD give him the authority?
3.       I still maintain that this is no longer a club matter but a Lion Movement matter and is under your jurisdiction. You are the DG of the day and you have been requested by LCI to select a conciliator. I am willing to meet the conciliator/s when you have appointed one.

My complaint on you is that you do not respond to emails. I always respond to emails and I hope you will respond to this.

Once you hand this matter over to a conciliator you are absolved from your responsibilities.

Ms.Eve Wong, let me know if I can email you the responses to John Ho’s email to you.
The email to you was copied to me and it does involve me. I can’t respond to John Ho as this is sent to me for information unless you ask me to respond to you.
Please respond immediately.
Thank you and kind regards,
Luqman Michel





Eve Wong <evewonglb@gmail.com>
To:luqman michel
27 Mar 2017 at 09:49
Your email has been received.

Sent from my iPhone

My comment now: I can’t understand the caliber of our Lion leaders. I had given her the documents and a covering letter asking for CDRP. If there are standard forms to fill up, I am not aware of same.

I requested a meeting with local leaders but she decided to ask me questions and then ask John Ho and Thomas Ho and made up her mind not to call us all for a meeting.

The question is whether she did call up Horace Ho Toh Chee or Norman Lie Chin Man to verify what I had said.

Is there really something sinister that I am not aware of?

No comments: