Monday, February 19, 2018

Lions Club - Letterhead - A revisit



       Many years ago the letterhead of LCKKHost was like the above where the 
       named officers on the left could use the letter head for official purposes.
My posts have been heavy reading during the last few days. Let us relax a little and think together on something else for a day or so.

Please read my post on 3.11.2016 (more than a year ago) at: https://myclubexperiences.blogspot.my/2016/11/letter-head.html

At that point in time when I wrote the above post it did not make any sense at all as to why the club president Thomas Ho Thau Phin changed his mind about permitting me to use the letter head.
I was the chairman of Environment for year 2016/2017 and I was a committee member of “My kampong” project.

Having asked me to get a soft copy of the letter head from Past President Delce Teresita on 14.8.2016, Thomas, after being briefed by Delce Teresita, changed his mind the following day.

I had asked for the letter head to write to Public Listed Companies (PLC) to get donations for our projects via the PLC’s Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) projects.

If I were the president and if anyone of my officers volunteered to do anything I would gladly give it to them.

If there were only 2 bank accounts, any cheques received from any PLC’s will be banked into the clubs project bank account. However, if there were secret bank accounts it is possible that one may not want others in the club who are not aware of the secret bank accounts to write and request for donations.

Donations received can be banked into the secret bank accounts and used for unintended purposes and no one will be the wiser.

Thomas, I believe was not privy to the extra bank accounts and therefore had agreed to me to use the letterhead. Delce Teresita on the other hand is a past president.

Now, it seems to make more sense than it did back in August 2016 as to why I was not allowed to write on the official letter head to request for donations from Public Listed Companies.

I had handed over all correspondences that I had started with PLC’s. Did anyone manage to get any donation from the PLC’s?

Were donations received and banked into the hidden bank accounts used for other purposes? No one will know except for the privileged few.

1 comment:

Luqman Michel said...

Did Delce Teresita Prudence follow up on my emails to the PLC's? No one will ever know as all the bank statements are only privy to a few.
Why have the 3 bank accounts not been audited by the district dignitaries?