Friday, February 16, 2018

End of the road with LCIF




The email in my post yesterday from LCIF was the last email from them. Upon my reminder to LCIF on  8.2.2018 (see last email below) I received an email from LCI Legal. 

I shall hold on to that email from LCI and go back in time and post the emails to some of our local dignitaries so that you may be able to see the sequence of event more clearly.

Meanwhile, here is my response subsequent to the email from LCIF in yesterdays post.


luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:…. (Name removed)
6 Feb at 05:59

Thank you… (name removed),
I do hope Legal will follow up soon.
I have written several emails to them since January 2017*
and they have not responded.


I am afraid I have already posted your email in my FaceBook.
For the sake of transparency I am now posting all emails in my blog.

Something very sinister is going on and this needs to be arrested.

Why is it not appropriate to post your emails and any of the emails from LCI?

I have informed LCI that I will post all correspondences in my blog for the benefit of my readers.

Wish you well,
Luqman Michel
 * Note: This should have read 12th December 2016. The date is important to show that I was a member when writing these emails.
 

In less than an hour I decided to write to LCIF again and the following is my email to LCIF.


luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:…. (Name removed)
6 Feb at 06:58
Dear Ms…. (name removed),

This is to inform you that I have passed your email below to Crime Division of the Police department for their information.

Do let me know if you have a different opinion from what you had said earlier.

Your inquiry was forwarded to Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) for reply.

"Grant funds awarded to a Club/District/Multiple District may only be used for the purpose or project as approved by LCIF. These funds are not discretionary funds and cannot be used for any other reasons. In fact, any unused grant funds at the conclusion of a project must be returned to LCIF. Again, this applies to LCIF grants. I am not able to speak on grants that may be awarded by the association, LCI. Please let me know if you have any other questions."

I have been expelled from my club for asking if there were bank accounts that have been hidden from most of the members including the BOD.

I had written several emails to LCI pleading with them to appoint a conciliator to resolve the issue as the DG had failed to conduct an investigation.

It has been a year since my several emails to LCI.

I write a blog on Dyslexia and I am an active member of Facebook and I want to make sure my readers understand that I am doing everything I can to bring justice to the needy.

All my Facebook postings are public and you may read them and comment.

I thank you for responding and I do hope you will get Legal, Administrative and Finance to read my emails and respond.

I want to know why LCI/LCIF is not taking this matter seriously.

Many clubs in Sabah, Malaysia are unaware that excess project funds cannot be used for administrative purposes.

The Registrar of Societies has issued a show cause letter to the club, the Daily Express has published articles about the misappropriation of funds and I have written to the Police to reopen the file that I had earlier agreed to close.

LCI has not responded to my email asking for permission to sue my club for wrongful dismissal.

Wish you well,
Luqman Michel

Not receiving a response from LCIF I decided to write again two days later as follows:


luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:…. (name removed)
8 Feb at 03:25
Dear…. (name removed),

I am still waiting for you (LCIF) and LCI Legal for a response to my many emails.

I am really disappointed with both LCI and you with your lackadaisical attitude in dealing with such an important matter as misappropriation of funds and donations received by Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu host.

I believe I have taken all necessary steps to resolve this issue without taking this matter to court.

i.  I wrote emails to all members of the club.
ii. I attended several meetings with Past Presidents of the club to resolve the matter amicably.
iii. I wrote to DG, VDG and many of the PDG's.
iv.I have written to ROS.
v. I wrote emails to the International Presidents - Bob Corlew and Naresh Agarval
vi. I wrote to LCI and finally to LCIF.

What do I do next, please?

Regards,
Luqman Michel

No comments: