Friday, February 9, 2018

Pleasant surprise from LCI Public Affairs Manager





I couldn't believe my eyes when I received the following email from LCI Public Affairs Manager.
AND it was on my 65th birthday!

Please note that she had addressed it to me, Legal, Administration, Finance and to Mr.Kingsbury.

LaJoye, Dane <Dane.LaJoye@lionsclubs.org>
To:luqman michel,Legal,Finance,District Administration,Kingsbury, David
4 Apr 2017 at 20:59
Dear Lion,

Please let me know to whom you are emailing at LCI.  I may be able to assist you to reach the right person here that would be able to provide you with answers.

Sincerely,

Dane LaJoye
Public Affairs Manager
Lions Clubs International

I then responded immediately as follows:



luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:LaJoye, Dane,Legal,Finance,District Administration,Kingsbury, David
5 Apr 2017 at 04:43

Dear La Joye,

Thank you for your response. This is a welcome change.
The only response so far has been from Legal Mr.David Kingsbury.

My email has been addressed to Legal, Finance and Administration
as early as from December 2016.I had not addressed it to any particular person as I do not know the names of the person I should write to.

I will forward all previous emails to you or whoever you ask me to email to.
I do hope you or someone in LCI will take this matter seriously.

Please let me know names of people in LCI I may write to.

Regret that there is a transposition error below of the Malaysian equivalent I paid to the DG.

It is RM230 and not RM320 as written. The DG did not accept the amount paid saying she will collect it later but never did.

Thank you once again and kind regards,
Luqman Michel


I was really excited and decided to write another email to Ms. Dane La Joye as follows:





luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:Dane.LaJoye@lionsclubs.org
5 Apr 2017 at 11:21              
Hi again Ms. Dane LaJoye,
Once again I want to thank you for responding to my email.
Yesterday was my 65th Birthday and this is a wonderful birthday gift.


Please put me in touch with someone from Finance and one from Administration.

As explained in depth by me in my emails this is not a club affair to be settled by way of CDRP. This is a Lions Movement problem.


I wrote to all members of my club when it was a problem between PDG John Ho and me.

Ln John Ho roped in the president Ln Thomas Ho. Ln Thomas Ho then made it into a club matter which was uncalled for.


When I did not get results and was challenged by Ln John Ho to bring it to my friends (This is in writing) I posted all matters on Facebook and my Blog. It then became a District problem. I wrote to the DG, VDG's, Zone Chairperson and most of the PDG's and no PDG's replied. DG asked me to get in touch with LCI.


I then wrote to LCI and it has become an International problem. If LCI had acted on my email to Legal, Finance and Admin when I first wrote in December or even as early as in January this problem could have been settled.


I will not write about my emails to LCI on my blog or FB for another month with the hope that someone will respond and take appropriate action.

May the Good Lord Bless you.
Luqman Michel



 Note as of 9.2.2018 - I kept my word and the above email was not posted in my blog until now.

No comments: