Saturday, February 10, 2018

Short lived excitement with LCI’s response




I did not receive any response to my 2 emails to Public Affairs, Administration, Finance or Legal Division and neither was there one from Mr.David Kingsbury.

Then in December 2017 I wrote the following email to LCI.

luqman michel <luqmanm2002@yahoo.co.uk>
To:districtadministration@lionsclubs.org,legal@lionsclubs.org,Finance@lionsclubs.org,Kingsbury, David
14 Dec 2017 at 04:45

Dear Sirs,
The following is the email I had received from you in January 2017.

I prepared the documents and covering letter required for CDRP and
handed over the Malaysian Ringgit equivalent of USD50 to DG Eve Wong.

She said she will collect the money after having spoken to PDG John Ho and
President Thomas Ho.

DG (now IPDG) Eve Wong did not come back to me because of the demeaning and threatening letter from John Ho to her and copied to your office and me.

I believe it was following that letter that I did not get any response from you.

I am not satisfied with the way this matter has been dealt with by you. I am a figure known internationally because of my blog on Dyslexia and my debate/discussions in LinkedIn on dyslexia with many professors. They are all aware of my dismissal from my former club.

I have refrained from taking legal action because of your statement that all parties are not to take legal action.

Now that no CDRP was ever carried out I request your permission to take legal action against my former club for wrongful dismissal of me from the club. I would like to have my name cleared because my past students will have a bad impression on me.

I request your permission to post your email and this email in my blog. If I do not receive a response I shall take it that you have no objection.

Please advice.
Luqman Michel



Note as of 11.2.2018:
All my emails to LCI are important in that these are records of my attempts to get LCI and DG to take appropriate action.

When I first wrote to LCI on 13.12.2016, it was not about my reinstatement and therefore not a complaint to be resolved by Club Dispute Resolution Procedures (CDRP).

At that point in time there was no dispute. It was a report on offences being committed by the club members and not an internal dispute to be resolved by CDRP.

My emails to LCI dated 13.12.2016 shall be posted tomorrow.

I wrote to DG Eve Wong and many PDG’s as well as LCI when I was still a member. As such, there should be no question of Locus Standi.

DG Eve Wong refused to take the Malaysian Equivalent of USD50 from me in February when she came to Kota Kinabalu. At that time DG Eve Wong was not aware that I had made a police report. (Please keep this in mind).

I believe that in any event my police report should not be taken as an excuse not to investigate the offences I had highlighted.

What if the police do not do a good job of investigating as has happened? The police have been hoodwinked by John SF Ho into believing his lies. The police never did question me on what they had been informed by John SF Ho. This appears odd to me.

DG Eve Wong passed my documents on CDRP to President Thomas Ho Thau Phin and PDG John SF Ho.

John SF Ho immediately emailed DG Eve Wong and reprimanded her for sticking her head into club affairs that has nothing to do with her. It was after this email from John SF Ho that the DG and LCI stopped corresponding to me.

I shall post the email from John SF Ho in the near future.
There are more emails from me to LCI and PDG’s which I shall not post.

1 comment:

Luqman Michel said...

I did not have a dispute with the club to be reporting under CDRP. I was reporting about offences committed by Lions Club of Kota Kinabalu Host.

After I was expelled from the club there was a necessity for complaining under CDRP as I believe I was expelled with trumped up charges.

But I am told that since I am not a member I cannot report under CDRP. Something appears to be quite wrong.

Does Lions International have an avenue for reporting an offence which should be directed by LCI to local leaders for checking?

The Lions Constitution does not appear to have catered for such an eventuality.